Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance (WiRSA)
5th ANNUAL RURAL SCHOOLS ALLIANCE CONFERENCE
Empowering Rural Schools for Tomorrow
Please go to the "Annual Conference" page for highlights and presentations.
Congratulations to the Winners of the 2013 Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance Awards
WISCONSIN RURAL TEACHER OF THE YEAR
JESSICA MEACHAM, Southern Door School District
WISCONSIN RURAL BOARD OF EDUCATION MEMBER
OF THE YEAR
DIANA BOHMAN, Tomorrow River School District
WISCONSIN RURAL ADMINISTRATOR OF THE YEAR
AARON MITHUM, Kickapoo School District
WISCONSIN RURAL ADVOCACY AWARDS
SENATOR BOB JAUCH, Poplar, WI
SENATOR DALE SCHULTZ, Richland Center, WI
Speaker's Task Force on Rural Schools Testimony:
Royall Hearing - November 6, 2013
Rhinelander Hearing - October 23, 2013
- Mike Richie, Supt., Northland Pines
- Ben Niehaus, Supt., Goodman-Armstrong Creek/Florence County
- Todd Kleinhans, Supt., Lakeland Union High School
- Don Sidlowski, Northwoods Broadband Development Coalition
- Kelli Jacobi, Supt., Rhinelander
- Don Childs, Supt., Antigo (written testimony)
- David Anderson, Supt., Chequamegon (written testimony)
State Education Budget:
- The Future of Public Education in Rural Wisconsin
- WiRSA Letter to Jt. Finance Committee Regarding AB40
- WiRSA Testimony to Senate Committee on Rural Issues
- WiRSA Speaks Out
- WiRSA Editorial
- WiRSA Joint Finance Testimony
- Rural Press Conference
The Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance (WiRSA) strives to meet the unique needs of rural schools throughout the state. As such, our site is designed to be a central source for news, events and pertinent resources related to the issues faced by rural educators.
Supported by the Wisconsin Cooperative Education Services Agency (CESA) districts, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the UW System and rural school districts, our aim is to continually enhance and improve rural school education.
The Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance conducted its first election of a board of directors in November 2012. The newly elected board conducted its first meeting on Tuesday, January 8, 2013. At that meeting, officers were elected.
L to R: President-Elect Leah Luke, Mauston; Past President Joan Wade, CESA #6: President Brad Saron, Cashton; Secretary Diana Bohman, Tomorrow River; Treasurer Delnice Hill, Phelps.
Early 20th Century Education: Grant County Rural School
View the Wisconsin Historical Society's online photo gallery of rural schools and students in Southwestern Wisconsin from 1909 until 1915