Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance (WiRSA)
2015-17 Biennial Budget
- WiRSA Testimony to Jt. Finance Committee, March 26, 2015
- Letter to Joint Finance 5.18.15
- Wisconsin Retired Educators Association Newsletter Article 6.17.15
Stevens Point Public Forum, April 28, 2015
Farmers Union Convention Presentation
State Education Convention Presentation
- Impact of Private School Vouchers & Charter Schools on Public Schools
- 2014-15 Independent Charter Schools Aid Deductions
- Marc Duff Presentation
2015-17 Legislative Session
2014-15 WiRSA Scholarship Program
The Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance will again be offering scholarships to graduating seniors in our member school districts. This year we will be offering five $500 scholarships: one scholarship in each of the four regions of the state and one scholarship at-large. These scholarships are made possible by designating a portion of the membership dues of our Associate Members for this purpose.
Our current Associate Members include:
- ACT Midwest Region, Lincolnshire, IL
- Adams-Columbia Electric
- Compass Learning
- Hammelman Resources, LLC
- HSR Architects, Engineers & Interior Designers
- M3 Insurance
- Meemic Insurance Co. & Foundation
- National Insurance Services
- Northern Tier Uniserve
- Don Stevens & Assoc., Inc. (Supt. Search)
- WEA Trust Member Benefits
- WI Dept. of Energy Services
- WI Technical College District Boards Assoc.
To access application information, click on 2014-15 WiRSA Scholarship Guidelines & Application.
SAVE THE DATE
7th Annual Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance Fall Conference
November 11-12, 2015
Click on the "2014 Annual Conference" link on the left side of the home page to access presentations from the 2014 conference.
The Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance (WiRSA) strives to meet the unique needs of rural schools throughout the state. As such, our site is designed to be a central source for news, events and pertinent resources related to the issues faced by rural educators.
Supported by the Wisconsin Cooperative Education Services Agency (CESA) districts, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the UW System and rural school districts, our aim is to continually enhance and improve rural school education.
The newly-elected WiRSA Board of Directors began their terms of office at the first board meeting of the year on January 14, 2015. Officers for 2015 are:
President - Bob Houts, Owen-Withee
Past President - Leah Luke, Mauston
President-Elect - Jeremy Biehl, CESA #5
Secretary - Mellow Jorgensen, Darlington
Treasurer - Jerry Walters, CESA #11