RTF 399 Los Angeles Connection
Fall 2014 Interim
Instructor: Justine Stokes (email@example.com)
January 5th - January 9th, 2015 - Classes held at UW Oshkosh
January 11th - January 23rd, 2015 - Study Away in Los Angeles
This course offers a unique opportunity for students to gain first-hand knowledge of the Los Angeles media industry. Students will research and experience various careers and media companies in the Los Angeles area. Students will network with UW Oshkosh alumni and other media professionals who will share their knowledge and expertise. Note: Course counts toward student’s university 300/400 credits required for graduation.
RTF 120 & 250, 2.5 GPA, and Instructor Permission. Course requirements may be waived with consent of instructor. Application & interview required for admission.Enrollment:
12 studentsAreas of Focus:
Television Development, Scriptwriting, Talent Agency and Casting, Acting, Producing, Production, Post-Production, Entertainment Marketing, Promotion, Gaming, Radio SyndicationProposed Itinerary:
Warner Brothers Studios, CBS Studio Center, ABC Prospect Studios, Universal Studios, Lock and Key Productions, APA Talent and Literary Agency, Squadron, Neversoft, Marketplace Media.Cost Breakdown:
- Tuition (Included in Fall 2014 semester tuition if student is between 12-18 credits, contact student accounts for more information.)
- Program Fee - $100 - $300 (Yet to be finalized.)
- Trip Costs - $2500-$3000, includes airfare, hotel, ground transportation, and admission fees
- Food Costs - approximately $40/12 days ($480), depending on how much you eat out
- Entertainment/Incidental Costs - varies
Step One - Submit following application materials to the RTF Office, AC W112 by Friday, April 25th
- Complete Application Form
- Letter of Support from a non-RTF, UW Oshkosh faculty/staff member. (May be submitted separately.)
- You will be contacted to set up a time, once Step One is completed.
Step Three - Course Acceptance
- Once you are accepted into the course, you will be officially added to the class in Titan Web.
Step Four - Payment of Program Fees & Orientation
- More information to follow.