Application for Graduation with Instructions
Graduation applications are due the semester prior to the semester in which you will complete degree requirements. August graduates need to apply by the end of the previous fall semester. The completed application for graduation must be delivered or e-mailed to the appropriate graduation examiner from the Graduation Examiners Listing. Keep a copy for your own records.
1. Reset Button - Use this option to completely clear the Application and begin again.
2. When do you expect to graduate? Check the appropriate month and add the year of your graduation. Official graduation dates are January, June and August; the commencement ceremony will take place after the 14 weeks. Students graduating in August may choose to attend the previous May Commencement Ceremony or the following December Commencement Ceremony. Please indicate which one you will attend.
3. Would you like graduation information sent to your hometown newspaper? Check "Yes" or "No". This means that your name will or will not be included in the list of graduates in your hometown newspaper. Your hometown is determined by you in #10 below.
4. This box is for "office use only". View the criteria for honors designations at the Commencement Ceremony and on your official transcript.
5. Provide your UWO identification number and local phone with area code.
6. Provide your UWO e-mail address.
7. Type your name exactly as you want it to appear on your diploma.
8. Provide your address for mailing your diploma. Diplomas will be sent approximately eight-ten weeks after the official graduation date. Keep your graduation examiner informed of changes to your diploma address.
9. Indicate your mailing address until graduation.
10. Provide your hometown address. Your hometown will be listed in the Commencement Program distributed at the Commencement Ceremony and will also be used to determine in which newspaper your name will be listed as a current UWO graduate - see #3 above.
11. Do you intend to have any credits transferred to UW Oshkosh between now and graduation? Answer "yes" or "no". If "yes" indicate the transfer institution, the courses to be completed and the number of credits for each course. An official transcript must be sent to the Admissions Office immediately following completion of the course work. All course work must be completed by the UW Oshkosh official graduation date.
12. You must indicate the college and degree for which you will be completing requirements. If you will be earning more than one degree on the same graduation date, you must complete a separate Graduation Application for each degree and submit to the appropriate graduation examiners.
13. Indicate your Major(s).
14. Indicate your Emphasis(es).
15. Indicate your Minor(s).
16. When all data is entered, you can either print two hard copies (one to turn in and one to keep) and deliver to the appropriate Credit Examiner in the Registrar’s Office Dempsey, 130, OR you may also save the Graduation Application as a PDF file on your computer and e-mail the form as an attachment. To save the completed form use Acrobat Reader 9. If using an Apple Computer you must change the default setting to use the Acrobat Reader. Please be sure to send the file from your Titan Mail account. Locations and e-mail for the Credit Examiners are listed below.
- College of Business, College of Nursing, and Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement
Julie Kumbier - firstname.lastname@example.org , Room 130C Dempsey
- College of Education and Human Services
Sharon Hybke – email@example.com , Room 130A Dempsey
- College of Letters and Sciences
Jane Kramer - firstname.lastname@example.org , Room 130B Dempsey