Individual Academic Skills Counseling
The staff of the RSSC offers individual appointments to help students with academic performance and/or interpret the results any of the academic skills assessments listed above. These appointments are generally limited to one to two one-hour sessions. Topics often addressed during these appointments include time management, active learning strategies, notetaking, academic reading, test preparation and test-taking.
Individual appointments are also available for students taking the Pre-Professional Skills test (PPST) and Praxis II. Click here for more info.
Call (424-1031), email (email@example.com) or stop into the Reading & Study Skills Center (N/E 201) to set up an appointment.
Drop-In Learning Strategy Consultations
- Wednesday 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Thursday 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Academic Skills Assessment
The Reading & Study Skills Center offers three means of assessing individual strengths and weaknesses in student learning strategies:
- The Study Behavior Inventory (SBI):a computerized assessment tool
- The Nelson-Denny Reading Test: to assess reading speed and comprehension
- Informal learning strategy assessment: conducted by interview with staff member