- Get simple tips to help you learn more efficiently and with better results.
- See demonstrations of techniques that you can start using immediately.
- Walk away with handouts that will help you recall these new strategies as you apply them.
- Sign up for individual consultations conducted by learning assistance instructors.
These small-group sessions, supported by Differential Tuition, are free to all students. Bring a friend!
Study Smarter, Not Harder
Maximize your learning potential! Get simple tips to help you learn more efficiently and with better results. See demonstrations of techniques that you can start using immediately. Learn how to:
- Convert lecture notes into a personal study guide.
- Predict test questions.
- Improve memory
Choose from one of these options:
- Mon., October 7, 3-4 p.m., Nursing/Education room 206
- Wed., October 9, 4-5 p.m., Nursing/Education room 206
Our "Study Smarter, Not Harder" workshop will be available through D2L in the online format beginning Fall 2008. This self-paced workshop is ideal for those with busy schedules who are unable to come to our "face to face" session, but would love the information from this program. Please contact Diane or Melanie at (920) 424-1031 or email@example.com for more information or to register.
Textbook Reading and Other Academic Reading
Are your textbook reading assignments getting you down? Hard to find the main points? Taking too much time? Difficulty getting started? If you think there HAS to be a better way, there is! Discover how to successfully and efficiently pre-read and skim chapters, increasing both your speed and comprehension. Learn how to mark your textbooks efficiently for later review. This workshop is geared for textbook reading in general education science and social science courses.
Choose from one of the following options:
- Tues., October 8, 3:00-4:00 p.m., Nursing/Education room 212
- Wed., October 9, 3:00-4:00 p.m., Nursing/Education room 212
Got an idea for a workshop? Contact us.