Study Guides and Handouts
Praxis II Middle School and/or Elementary Content Knowledge Term and Topic Lists
What these are:
These lists are merely representative of topics that may be included on the Praxis II Content Knowledge Tests for Middle and Elementary Schools. The lists are not inclusive of all material that could be on the exams, nor are all listed topics likely to appear on every exam.
How to use:
Terms: Studiers should be able to define and give an example of all terms. To demonstrate: term
- Term: Hyperbole definition
- Definition: An exaggerative figure of speech, not intended to be taken literally. examples
- Examples: I could eat a horse or mile-high ice cream cone
Topics: Base familiarity with topics will likely not be sufficient for answering questions correctly. Studiers should be able to explain--without notes--a majority of the listed topics with some specificity. To demonstrate:
- Topic: DNA
- Important to know: Definition, parts, process of transcription, uses…
- Topic: WWII
- Important to know: Time, causes, key players (countries/people), area, resolution….