Praxis Core Preparation Information
Fall 2016 Preparation Workshops
Know all you can about how to prepare for and take this important examination! Free workshops for UWO students will be held at the following times:
Reading Test Workshops
- Coming soon!
Writing Test Workshops
- Coming Soon!
Fall Interim Workshops
- Coming Soon!
What is it the Praxis Core? Who needs to take it?
The Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Tests (formerly Praxis I) is a computer-based assessment offered by Educational Testing Services (ETS). The series consists of three separate tests to measure academic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. A passing score in all three areas can be used for admission to State-certified teacher licensure programs.
- Register for the Praxis test at ETS.org
- Send offical scores to UW Oshkosh, recipient code #1916
- Testing centers available at UW Oshkosh and throughout the country; dates offered continuously.
How to Prepare
- Learn about question types, test preparation, and test-taking strategies
- Determine your strengths and weaknesses in each area by taking a practice exam as a diagnostic. Know both what you got wrong and why. Write down the types of errors that you are missing
- Create a time plan with beginning and ending dates. Make appointments with yourself to engage in steady practice. Your purpose is both to build up skills and become very comfortable with the way that questions are asked
Online Praxis I Practice and Study Tool for Available for UWO Students
The Reading and Study Skills Center has subscriptions to Northstar online assessment and learning modules to help students prepare for the Praxis I Math, Reading, and Writing. Call (920) 424-1031, email email@example.com, or stop in to Nursing Education room 201 to sign up for your free access to this helpful study tool.