UW Oshkosh Highlights
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Highlights
- Third largest of the 13 state-supported universities comprising the University of Wisconsin System.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- More than 13,600 students benefit from a wide variety of courses and degrees offered — including 60 undergraduate majors, 15 master's degree programs and one doctoral degree (Doctorate of Nursing Practice).
- The modest class sizes foster one-on-one and collaborative learning with professors, rather than teaching assistants.
- The University has a significant economic impact on the state and regional community — more than $500 million annually.
- The campus helped create more than 9,000 jobs in recent years and generated $37.5 million in tax revenue, while students and staff gave $4 million in time and money to local charities.
- Graduate faculty hold earned doctorates, terminal degrees or professional credentials in their respective fields.
- Excellent student resources, research equipment and facilities produce an ideal environment for graduate programs.
- The University is proud of its nearly 80,000 alumni who are entrepreneurs, teachers, medical professionals and leaders.