Pollock Alumni House
Robert Roberts was Appointed as the New Director of UWO Office of Grants and Faculty Development
September 3, 2013
Robert Roberts was appointed as the new Director of the UWO Office of Grants and Faculty Development effective July 1, 2013. Mr. Roberts most recently served as Interim Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs, Senior Grants and Project Development Specialist and Criminal Justice Assistant Professor at UW-Platteville. He was previously Dean of Criminal Justice and Executive Director of Federal Relations for Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton. From 1994 through 2000, he served as Chief of Police and Village Administrator in the Village of Waunakee. He served in those same roles in the town of Iron River from 1993 to 1995. Mr. Roberts graduated from the UWO MPA program in Spring 2000. Congratulations!
Kate McQuillan was Promoted in UWO HR Department
September 3, 2013
Emily McFarland was Appointed as Alderman for the 1st District in Watertown and Promoted as Lead Policy Analyst
August 8, 2013
Emily McFarland was appointed as the new Alderman for the 1st District in Watertown. Read more... She recently received promotion as the Lead Policy Analyst for the Department of Administration Division of Energy Services. Congratulations!
Kate McQuillan was Awarded UWO June STAR Award
May 20, 2013
- Kate McQuillan, a program assistant in the UWO Provost Office, has been named the recipient of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh June STAR Award. Read more...Congratulations!
Angela Gorall was Appointed Village Administrator
May 3, 2013
The Village of Bellevue near Green Bay appointed Town of Buchanan Administrator Angela Gorall, MPA alumna and Stephen Hintz MPA recipient, as its next village administrator. Ms. Gorall has 14 years of public planning experience, including the past six years with Buchanan in the Fox Cities. Congratulations!
Robert Kufrin Retires
April 15, 2013
Congratulations to Robert Kufrin on his retirement as a Village Administrator of Sister Bay as of June 28, 2013! Robert Kufrin has a 37-year career in municipal administration, including nine years as Sister Bay's administrator. During his tenure as administrator, Kufrin oversaw the expansion of the sports complex, the construction of Waterfront Park and the expansion of the marina. He also improved the village's budgeting procedures and oversaw the introduction of the village website and intranet site. Congratulations again!
Steve Volkert was Appointed Assistant City Administrator
January 28, 2013
Steve Volkert has resigned his position as administrator of the Village of Winneconne and will begin his new role as an Assistant City Administrator in West Bend on February 11, 2013. He will be overseeing clerical, assessor, city clerk, human resources, public access TV and other city operations. Congratulations!
Patrick Wetzel was Named an Entrepeneur Finalist
January 24, 2013
The Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce named their young professionals Future 15 for 2013. Among the 15 is Patrick Wetzel, a Brown County supervisor and personnel and benefits coordinator for the village of Ashwaubenon. The group was honored at a January 24 event at the Hyatt on Main. The Future 15 will be profiled in a special interest in Sunday's paper. Congratulations!
Patrick Wetzel was Appointed City Manager of Weyauwega
January 24, 2013
On January 23, 2013, the Brown County Board said goodbye to Ashwaubenon Supervisor Patrick Wetzel, who was hired as a City Manager of Weyauwega.Patrick noted in an e-mail, "...Undoubtedly, I wouldn't be in this position without getting to the UWO MPA program." Congratulations!
Joseph Krebsbach was Appointed Director
January 12, 2013
The MPA alumnus, Joseph Krebsbach, has recently been leading the merger of the Door County Department of Community Programs, where he was the Director, and the Department of Social Services into a new Door County Department of Human Services. He has been appointed as Director of the newly merged department. Congratulations!
Thaddeus Kubisiak was Appointed Administrator
December 11, 2012
Eileen Connolly-Keesler was Appointed President and CEO
November 15, 2012
After 13 years of service, Ms. Connolly-Keesler has resigned from her post as President and CEO of the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation on November 15, 2012. Read more about her professional contributions. Ms. Connolly-Keesler has recently become the President and CEO of the Community Foundations for Collier County in Naples, Florida. Also read more in naplesnews.com.
Kirwins Charles was Accepted in a Ph.D. Program
October 18, 2012
- The MPA Alumnus, Kirwins Charles, is a first year Ph.D. student in Public Policy at the School of Policy and Administration at Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. His area of interest focuses on international development and Haiti. He would like to explore strategic ways that public policy can be used as a tool to enhance effectiveness, equality, dignity, and the quality of life of the Haitian people. We congratulate him and wish him lots of success in the doctoral program!
The Passing of Kim Mooney
July 24, 2012
- It is with deep sadness that the PA Department announces the passing of alumna Kim Mooney. She passed away at her Fond du Lac home late Sunday, July 22, 2012. Kim Mooney has graduated from the MPA program in Spring 2009. She was an outstanding student and committed and caring administrator. Kim has served as Fond du Lac County Social Services Director since August 2006. She had oversight of numerous department programs that ensured the safety, self-sufficiency and well-being of individuals and families. Kim believed that she could make a difference to people she served. She will be dearly missed.
Jeffrey Lawrence Started a New Job at the State of WI-DOA
May 26, 2012
- The MPA alumnus Jeffrey Lawrence has recently started a new job at the entry level as a Budget and Policy Analyst for the State of Wisconsin Department of Administration in the Bureau of State Budget Office, Executive Budget and Finance Division, Health Services and Insurance Section. Congratulations!
Shawn Monroe was Appointed UWO New VRC Coordinator
April 20, 2012
- Shawn Monroe helps fellow veterans navigate their educational journeys as UWO's new Veterans Resource Center (VRC) Coordinator. Shawn is an Iraq War Veteran and a 2012 graduate of UWO. Before joining the UWO VRC, Shawn worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs as an OEF/OIF peer counselor and as a PTSD program assistant at the Madison VA hospital. Shawn is a member of the Veterans of Foreign Affairs, Disabled American Veterans, Military Order of the Purple Heart and the Iraq and Afganistan Veterans of America. Congratulations!
"My experience with UW Oshkosh's MPA program has dramatically broadened my perspective and challenged me to rethink my approach to leadership.