Anna A. Filipova, Ph.D.
Department Chair & MPA Program Coordinator
- Ph.D. in Public Administration, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Master of Arts in Leadership in Public Administration, Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw, Michigan
- Master of Arts in English Philology, St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria
Awards and Honors
- 2016 Edward M. Penson Distinguished Teaching Award; UW Oshkosh
- 2014 Edward M. Penson Faculty Award; UW Oshkosh.
- 2012-2013 Wisconsin Teaching Fellow; UW System OPID.
- 2010 Outstanding Reviewer Award; Academy of Management.
- 2008 Phi Kappa Phi; WMU Phi Kappa Phi Chapter, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi.
- 2005 Pi Alpha Alpha; WMU Pi Alpha Alpha Chapter, The Global Honor Society for Public Affairs and Administration.
- 2004 National Science Foundation Research Ethics Fellow; Western Michigan University.
- Research Grant Awards (see vita).
- At University of Wisconsin Oshkosh since 2009.
- Assistant Professor, Western Michigan University, 2007-2009.
- Assistant Professor, Air Force Academy, Bulgaria, 1994-2000.
- Chair of the Board of Directors of Evergreen Village, Inc., Evergreen Retirement Community
- Member of the Oshkosh Funding Consortium Committee, Oshkosh Area United Way
- Member of the Allocations and Community Investment Committee, Oshkosh Area United Way
- Member of the Health Counseling Grants Panel, Oshkosh Area United Way
- Member of the Basic Needs Giving Partnership Grants Team, Oshkosh Area Community Foundation
MPA 723 Organizational Theory and Practice
MPA 742 Human Resources Management in the Public Sector
MPA 729 Health Care Organization and Management
MPA 762 Health Care Administration Law
MPA 773 Health Care Policy
- MPA 750 Strategic Planning
- MPA 790 Field Project
- MPA 792 Thesis
PUB ADM 221 Introduction to Public Administration
PUB ADM 362 Public Personnel
PUB ADM 364 Administrative Leadership and Behavior
- Ethical Work Climates & Issues
- Negative Behaviors in the Workplace
- Perceived Organizational & Supervisory Support
- Health Information Technology & Exchange
- Employee Job Satisfaction, Commitment, Stress, Burnout & Turnover Intention
- Health Professional Recruitment and Retention
- Health Professional-Patient Relationship & Quality and Efficiency of Care
- Graduate Student Ethical Education
- Graduate Student Engagement in the Learning Process
- Office: F420
- Phone: (
- Fax: (920) 424-2319
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org