Anna A. Filipova, Ph.D.
Department Chair & MPA Program Coordinator
- Ph.D. in Public Administration, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Master of Arts in Leadership in Public Administration, Saginaw Valley State University, Saginaw, Michigan
- Master of Arts in English Philology, St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria
Awards and Honors
- 2014 Edward M. Penson Faculty Award; UW Oshkosh.
- 2012-2013 Wisconsin Teaching Fellow; UW System OPID.
- 2010 Outstanding Reviewer Award; Academy of Management.
- 2008 Phi Kappa Phi; WMU Phi Kappa Phi Chapter, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi.
- 2005 Pi Alpha Alpha; WMU Pi Alpha Alpha Chapter, The Global Honor Society for Public Affairs and Administration.
- 2004 National Science Foundation Research Ethics Fellow; Western Michigan University.
- Research Grant Awards (see VITA).
- At University of Wisconsin Oshkosh since 2009.
- Assistant Professor, Western Michigan University, 2007-2009.
- Assistant Professor, Air Force Academy, Bulgaria, 1994-2000.
- Chair (as of 2015), Board of Directors of Evergreen Village, Inc., Evergreen Retirement Community, 2009-Present.
- Member, Oshkosh Consortium Funding Committee, Oshkosh Area United Way, 2009-Present.
- Member, Allocations and Community Investment Committee, Oshkosh Area United Way, 2011-Present.
- Member, Northeast Wisconsin Rural Health Coalition, Green Bay, 2009-Present.
- Member, Community Health Connections' Northeast Regional Research Council, UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, 2011-2014.
MPA 723 Organizational Theory and Practice
MPA 742 Human Resources Management in the Public Sector
MPA 729 Health Care Organization and Management
MPA 762 Health Care Administration Law
MPA 773 Health Care Policy
- MPA 750 Strategic Planning
- MPA 790 Field Project
- MPA 792 Thesis
PUB ADM 221 Introduction to Public Administration
PUB ADM 362 Public Personnel
PUB ADM 364 Administrative Leadership and Behavior
- Ethical Climates and Organizational Support in Health Care Organizations
- Health Information Technology and Exchange
- Health Professional Attitudinal and Behavioral Outcomes
- Health Professional Recruitment and Retention
- Improving the Quality of Health Professional-Patient Relationship
- Office: Clow Faculty Bld 420
- Phone: (
- Fax: (920) 424-2319
- Email: email@example.com