HCM Certificate Curriculum
Requirements for Students Admitted Fall 2013 or Later
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management consists of 15 credits.
- Students must complete three courses for a total of 9 credits from Category A.
- Students must select elective courses for a total of 6 credits from Category B.
Category A: Required Courses (9 credits)
- MPA 729 Health Care Organization and Management (3 credits, 5 Saturdays or hubrid [3 Saturdays + 2 online])
- MPA 762 Health Care Administration Law (3 credits, or hubrid [3 Saturdays + 2 online])
- MPA 773 Health Care Policy (3 credits, 100% online)
Category B: Elective Courses (6 credits)
- Nursing 746 Quality Improvement and Safety (2 credits or 3 credits, 100% online)
- BUS 769 Healthcare Human Resources and Organizations (2 credits, 100% online)
- BUS 769 Health Information Technology Management (2 credits or 1.5 credits, 100% online)
- MPA 750 Strategic Planning (3 credits, 5 Saturdays)
- Nursing 783 Healthcare Informatics (3 credits, 100% online)
- BUS 769 Healthcare Finance and Economics (2 credits, 100% online)
- BUS 769 Healthcare Organization and Delivery (2 credits, 100% online)
- BUS 769 Communicating for Success (1 credit, or Interim Semester, 100% online)
- All BUS 769 are offered through the UWO College of Business Consortium. Students who select these courses must contact Ms. Terry Rapp, MBA Program Advisor (email@example.com or 920-424-3199) and request to be enrolled.
- All Nursing courses are offered through the UW Oshkosh College of Nursing. Students who select these courses must contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be enrolled. This way the Nursing office will communicate with instructors if non-nursing students will be in their courses in any particular semester.
- Students who select BUS 769 Healthcare Finance and Economics (2 credits) must complete the online course ECON 704 Basic Economic Theory (Micro) (1 credit) only if they have no prior knowledge of microeconomics. The prerequisite course will not count toward the 6-credit certificate electives.
- Also, see FAQ about the HCM Certificate.
Requirements for Students Admitted Prior to Fall 2013
- Graduate students admitted prior to Fall 2013 follow the old graduate HCM Certificate curriculum requirements, but may also take courses from the new graduate HCM Certificate curriculum with adviser's permission:
- For admission requirements, please see HCM Certificate Admission.
HCM Certificate Adviser
Please contact Dr. Anna Filipova for any questions related to the Graduate HCM Certificate, as well as to develop a course plan for your study.
- Phone: 920-424-0037
- Fax: 920-424-2319
- Email: email@example.com