Personal tools
You are here: Home > Current Students > Forms & Policies



Thesis, Clinical Paper, and Field Project Manuscripts

Verification of Program Study (Certificate and GAP)

PA Department Policies

Closed Class Policy (Effective October 17, 2015)

  • CLOSED CLASS APPROVAL: Students are blocked from enrolling into closed (full) courses. Over-the-limit approvals may be issued – if classroom space permits – by the instructor teaching the course. If approval is granted, a student must present an email from the instructor or a signed add card to Jenny Davies in the department office. Electronic approval is accepted by forwarding an email or scanned add card to
  • WAITLIST APPROVAL: The Department of Public Administration currently does not utilize wait lists for closed classes. Students can enroll themselves by watching for an open spot on Titan Web.

MPA Program Transfer Credits Policies (Effective May 19, 2015)

  • The PA Department allows students to transfer credits for graduate work done previously under a similar formal graduate degree program at an accredited institution. Credits transferred into a master's program from other universities or UW Oshkosh master's program may not exceed 9 credit hours. Please contact the Department Chair, Dr. Anna Filipova (; 920-424-0037) for more detailed information.

Policies about the Face-to-Face and Online MPA Program Options (Effective August 1, 2016)

  • Once admitted to the face-to-face MPA program or the online MPA program, graduate students are not allowed to switch between the two versions of the MPA program. 
  • In some cases, the department chair may allow on-campus students to take up to three elective courses (no core courses) from the online MPA program, or allow students in the online MPA program to take up to three elective courses (no core courses) from the face-to-face MPA program. 
  • Effective 02/06/2017, students from the on-campus program who would like to take a course in the on-line MPA program will be included in a waiting list and advised 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester if any seats are available. Students admitted to the online MPA program have a priority registering for online MPA classes. Similarly, students from the online MPA program will be included in a waiting list if they would like to take on-campus classes.
  • Students from other UW Oshkosh graduate programs and the Graduate Healthcare Management Certificate can take courses from both the face-to-face and online MPA program. 
  • For more information about policies in relation to the online MPA program, please contact the department chair, Dr. Anna Filipova at (920) 424-0037 or

Other Graduate Studies Policies


Contact Information

PA Department

  • Department Chair, Dr. Anna Filipova 
  • Email:
  • Phone: 920-424-0037

Office of Graduate Studies

Document Actions
by hindmd49 last modified Feb 24, 2017 10:59 AM