Below is information about the 2013 Psychology Scholarships:
Applications should include:
- Completed application form: Download PDF
- 2-3 page essay discussing personal, educational, and career plans and goals
- (For the Dixon-Robinson and the Ghei Scholarships, this essay must also discuss financial need.)
- Recent STAR report
- Two faculty recommendation forms (at least one must be from a psychology faculty member). Note: A letter in not required.
George R. Soika Scholarship Fund
The George R. Soika Scholarship Fund will award one $800 scholarship payable toward tuition the following fall. Applicants must:
- Be full-time enrolled Psychology majors
- Have one to three semesters remaining at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Have a GPA of 3.25 or higher
Dr. Roy and Geraldene Dixon-Robinson Scholarship Fund
The Dr. Roy and Geraldene Dixon-Robinson Scholarship Fund will award one $600 scholarship payable toward tuition the following fall. Applicants must:
- Be a sophomore or junior majoring in psychology
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
Som N. Ghei and Ram Kaur Ghei Scholarship Fund
The Som N. Ghei and Ram Kaur Ghei Scholarship Fund will award one $2,000 scholarship to a female psychology major payable toward tuition the following fall. The family designated this scholarship for female students in honor of the donor’s grandmother who was never able to obtain an education. Applicants must:
- Be full-time enrolled psychology majors.
- Have one to three semesters remaining at the UW Oshkosh
- Have a GPA of 3.00 or better.
- Have a financial need.
- Be able to demonstrate breadth of interest within and beyond psychology.
- Be planning to attend graduate school in psychology.
If the student who receives this scholarship is accepted into the graduate program in psychology at the UW Oshkosh, she is eligible for an additional $1500 to be applied to tuition in the first semester of full-time graduate study.