- Psychology 101, 104 or 110
- Psychology 123 (Orientation)
- Psychology 203 (Statistics)
- Psychology 275 (Research Methods)
- Psychology 299 (Admission to Major)
Other Courses Needed
Four of the Following Perspective Courses
- Psychology 303 or 302 (Abnormal)
- Psychology 305 (Social)
- Psychology 380 (Cognitive)
- Psychology 383 (Biological)
- Psychology 391 (Developmental)
One of the Following Required
- Psychology 464 (History)
- Psychology 470 (Research in Psychology)
- Psychology 490 (Special Topics)
Additional courses in psychology curriculum to earn a minimum of 35* credits.
* If course catalogue is pre 2010, a minimum of 36 credits is required.
- Statistics and Research Methods can now be taken concurrently, but students cannot take Research Methods with either prior or concurrent enrollment in Statistics.
- All 400-level courses now require 20 credits of psych courses before students can take them.
- Students need 20 credits for Psychology 481 (Practices in Clinical Psychology); these 20 credits must include abnormal psychology.
- The following require Research Methods (275) to be included in the 20 credits: psychometrics (411), independent study (446), seminar in applied psych (451), sensation & perception (455), related readings (456), theories & principles of learning (463), history of psych (464), research in psych (470), personality (473), honors thesis (474), advanced research (480), & special topics (490).
Sample Course Plan for Psychology Major with Bachelor of Science Degree: Download PDF