Last updated: February 28, 2008
For information about 2007 animals, email email@example.com
Phone/voicemail (920) 424-3076. FAX (920) 424-1101.
Why the 13-lined ground squirrel?
- Rat-like rodent; convenient; inexpensive
- Genome sequence in progress at National Human Genome Research Institute.
- Retina is cone-dominant (85% cones), many advantages detailed in Van Hooser & Nelson 2006, Visual Neuroscience 23:765-78.
Why captive breeding?
- Uniform subject population for experimental consistency.
- Accustomed to captivity.
- Known ages/stages available.
- Available most of the year; please inquire.