UW Stevens Point
By Patricia Ploetz
Conferences Campus conferences are day long events that provide information and a forum for discussing current topics/issues in higher education.
- Teaching Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum
- Understanding and Enhancing Students First Year Experience
- 12th Annual UWSP Teaching Conference - Teaching with a Global Perspective: Preparing Students to be Global Citizens
- Teaching Colloquium: Service Learning Project Development
- 13th Annual UWSP Teaching Conference - Campus in Transition: Preparing for Change. During the fall of 2008, UWSP's General Education Program will be redefined. This revamping is expected create significant change in UWSP's general education requirements. The goal of the conference is to provide a campus-wide forum to discuss and identify issues/concerns regarding upcoming changes.
Workshops Annual professional development workshops held during the summer months are week long events resulting in a publication, redesigned course, or other practical outcome.
- SoTL Workshop: Advancing Research in Teaching and Learning. Workshop to advance scholarly research in teaching and learning.
- Curricular Redesign for the Online Environment - this professional development activity provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and deliver a blended/hybrid or totally online course
- Backward Design: Intended Learning Outcomes Using the principles of Backward Design participants learn how to write quality learner outcomes and develop measurable assessment strategies resulting in a redesign of the course syllabus and resulting curriculum.
New in 2009
- Teaching for Diversity Incorporating diversity in the curriculum.
Discussion Forums/Brown Bags Campus wide discussion forums and brown bags are hour- long presentations by faculty, academic teaching staff, and/or administrators followed by group discussion.
- Second Life In Higher Education
- Implementing Collaborative Learning Strategies a Panel Discussion
- Service Learning
- Social Networking
- Vision of Students Today
- Effects of Service Learning on Student Learning and Satisfaction
Webcasts Individual anytime, anywhere learning
- ePortfolios for Learning and Assessment
- Collecting, Analyzing, and Using Faculty Evaluation Data
- 15 Survival Skills for Instructors in Higher Education
- Why Student Engagement Matters: Using NSSE Results for Assessment and Accountability
Multiyear Initiatives Campus-wide projects that investigate new technologies in teaching and learning.
- Podcasting Project
- ePortfolio Pilot