Great reasons to enroll in a precollege program at UW Oshkosh
Learn about yourself and explore different career options
• Find out what careers you enjoy or dislike before you enroll in college
• Enhance your social skills and develop new friendships in the process
• Gain more knowledge through hands-on experience and activities
• Learn about different cultures
Prepare and pay for college
• Select a college that is right for you (e.g., prefer smaller or larger school?)
• Learn how you can afford college and graduate with less debt (e.g., state/federal loans)
• Prepare and improve your academic skills for college NOW
• Network with college professors, staff and college students
Sample the life of a college student
• Live in a residence hall (i.e., on-campus)
• Enjoy college dining as a college student
• Network and learn from college professors and staff, and college students
How can I apply?
Download and complete the necessary forms or call (920) 424-2115 to request an application packet. Return completed forms with all appropriate signatures to the UW Oshkosh PreCollege Programs.
What is the costs for each program?
Students who qualify for the Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program are eligible to receive the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) Precollege Scholarship. If you do not qualify for the DPI Precollege Scholarship, please see individual program costs click here. You may also contact the PreCollege office with any questions or concerns.
What is included in the program fees?
• Lodging and meals for the week or two weeks
• Admission fees for all field trip events
• All program supplies and materials
Where are the programs located?
The program will be held on the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh campus. We are located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Oshkosh is 87 miles north of Milwaukee, 86 miles northeast of Madison, 21 miles south of Appleton and 51 miles southwest of Green Bay.
This institution will comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and DPI's Nondiscrimination provision for all students.