Resident Assistant/Tutor (RA)
2016 Resident Assistant/Tutor (RA) Position Description
- Report directly to the Team Leader.
- Enforce the rules, regulations, and policies of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, PreCollege Programs and Residence Life.
- Conduct daily bed checks and wake up calls. Note: Participants CANNOT be LATE for classes.
- Supervise students to ensure their safety and accountability at all times.
- Chaperone and supervise students during class, field trips and social events.
- Chaperone and participate in all on- and off- campus activities as instructed by the Team Leader.
- Maintain professional boundaries with participants at all times (i.e., No Bullying! Have patience and composure in ALL situations).
- Attend and assist in precollege registration, orientation and award ceremonies.
- Attend all mandatory Precollege Programs training sessions.
- Attend all meetings as required with the PreCollege Programs Coordinator and Team Leader.
- Submit daily reports to Team Leader by 9:00 p.m. sharp each day, including accident and incident reports.
- Tutor students daily during designated study hour (see class schedules) and monitor homework assignments provided by instructors.
- Maintain confidentiality and possess the following characteristics: excellent critical thinking skills, integrity, strong team work abilities and high professional standards.
- Be a team player and have open communication with Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, Team Leader, Assistant Team Leader and fellow Resident Assistants and Night Hosts.
- Follow protocol set out by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Academic Support of Inclusive Excellence-PreCollege Programs, and Residence Life in its entirety.
- On call until the end of program(s) (i.e., all participants have left the campus).
- Check all rooms, restrooms, halls and common areas in residence halls to ensure that everything is left in good standing before leaving the program/campus.
- Must have a minimum of 48 credits from UW Oshkosh and a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits for the fall semester of 2016 (i.e., prior to official start date of employment with PreCollege Programs).
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to stay in the residence halls for the duration of the summer programs (i.e., you are not allowed to stay off-campus while employed with PreCollege Programs).
- Valid driver’s license and willing to transport students when necessary (strongly preferred).
- Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong (preferred).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First-Aid certified (preferred).
- Must have work or volunteer experience and enjoy working with middle and high school students from multicultural and diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and excellent verbal communication skills.
To apply for this position click HERE.
Applications due FRIDAY, April 1, 2016