Night Host Supervisor
2017 Night Host Supervisor Position Description
- Report directly to Team Leader.
- Enforce the rules, regulations and policies of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Division of Academic Support of Inclusive Excellence-PreCollege Programs and Residence Life.
- Conduct daily bed checks for summer participants (i.e., RESPECTFULLY knock on each door and check under beds and in closets for both summer participants and staff) at 10:00 p.m. SHARP.
- Conduct daily wake up calls at 6:00 a.m. SHARP for both summer participants and staff.
- Supervise students and staff between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. during weeknights and weekends to ensure safety and accountability of students and staff at all times.
- Conduct frequent floor rounds to hallways, bathrooms and common areas to ensure participant and staff safety.
- Required to submit daily reports to the Team Leader by 6:00 a.m. sharp including accident and incident reports for summer participants, including summer staff.
- Monitor bulletin boards and posters (i.e. to prevent vandalism).
- Attend all mandatory Precollege Programs training sessions.
- Be on-call until the end of programs.
- Maintain confidentiality and possess the following characteristics: integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, strong leadership skills, excellent critical thinking skills, high professional standards and use good judgment at all times.
- Be a team player and have open communication with the Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, Team Leader, Assistant Team Leader and fellow Night Host and Resident Assistants.
- Follow protocol set out by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Division of Academic Support of Inclusive Excellence-PreCollege Programs, and Residence Life in its entirety.
- Attend and assist with precollege orientation is required for all Night Hosts unless you have worked all night the day before orientation (optional: attendance to award ceremonies).
- Must have a minimum of 48 credits from UW Oshkosh and a cumulative grade point average of 2.7 or better.
- Must be enrolled as a full time (12 credits) student for the fall semester of 2017 (i.e., prior to official start date of employment with PreCollege Programs).
- Must pass a criminal background check and be in overall good standing with UW Oshkosh.
- Valid driver’s license and willing to drive when necessary (strongly preferred).
- Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong (preferred).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First-Aid certified (preferred).
- Must have experience and enjoy working with middle and high school students from multicultural and diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and excellent verbal communication skills.
To apply for this position click HERE.
Applications due FRIDAY, February 10, 2017