Assistant Team Leader
2014 Assistant Team Leader Position Description
- Report directly to the Team Leader.
- Enforce the rules, regulations, and policies of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Center for Academic Support & Diversity-PreCollege Programs and Residence Life.
- Create on-campus recreational activities, along with back-up activity plans, for all programs. Activities must be outlined in detail and submitted to the Assistant PreCollege Coordinator 48 hours before the start of each program and copy email to PreCollege Coordinator.
- Set-up and coordinate on-campus recreational activities according to the outlined information presented to the PreCollege Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.
- Collect, disburse, and maintain financial records and transactions of participant monies from the PreCollege Bank.
- Attend and assist with the precollege registration, orientation and award ceremonies.
- Monitor conduct of all summer participants and staff during the precollege programs by knowing the location of participants and staff at all times.
- Assist the Team Leader in conducting daily evening floor meetings with summer staff and other meetings as required, under the supervision of both the PreCollege Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.
- Meet with PreCollege Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator and Team Leader following each daily floor meeting to update and discuss summer program operations.
- Submit daily reports to PreCollege Coordinator by 10:00 p.m. sharp each day, including accident and incident reports.
- Maintain confidentiality and possess the following characteristics: excellent critical thinking skills, integrity, strong leadership skills and high professional standards.
- Follow protocol set out by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Center for Academic Support & Diversity-PreCollege Programs, and Residence Life in its entirety.
- Be a team player and have open communication with the Team Leader, PreCollege Coordinator, Assistant PreCollege Coordinator, Resident Assistants and Night Hosts.
- Attend all mandatory PreCollege Programs training sessions.
- Be on call until the end of program(s) (i.e., all staff and participants must have left the campus).
- Check all rooms, restrooms, halls and common areas in residence halls to ensure that everything is left in good standing before leaving the program/campus.
- Must have a minimum of 36 credits from UW Oshkosh and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must be enrolled as a full time (12 credits) student for the fall semester of 2014 (i.e., prior to official start date of employment with PreCollege Programs).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to transport students as needed.
- Must pass a criminal background check and be in overall good standing with UW Oshkosh.
- Must be able to stay in the dorms for the duration of the summer programs (i.e., you are not allowed to stay off-campus while employed with PreCollege Programs as you are on-call 24/7).
- Must have experience and enjoy working with middle and high school students from multicultural and diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First-Aid certified (preferred).
To apply for this position click HERE.
Applications are due MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2013