2017 Team Leader Position Description
- Report directly to the PreCollege Coordinator, if not available, then to the Assistant Coordinator.
- Enforce the rules, regulations, and policies of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Division of Academic Support of Inclusive Excellence-PreCollege Programs and Residence Life.
- Create on-campus recreational activities, along with back-up activity plans, for all programs. Activities must be outlined in detail and submitted via email attachment to the Assistant Coordinator 48 hours before the start of each Program and copy email to the Coordinator.
- Implement and oversee on-campus recreational activities according to the outlined information presented to the PreCollege Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.
- Collect, record, distribute and oversee daily participant cell phone usage.
- Aid in the purchase of supplies via the distribution of Petty Cash from the Assistant Coordinator and return all remaining cash with proof of purchase to the Assistant Coordinator the same day. The Team Leader is held responsible for any missing receipts/money and is required to reconcile funds without a receipt (i.e., will have to pay out-of-pocket for missing money).
- Attend and assist with the precollege registration, orientation and award ceremonies.
- Maintain an emergency and health binder for all students and staff.
- Monitor conduct of all summer participants and staff during the precollege programs by knowing the location of participants and staff at all times.
- Conduct daily evening floor meetings with summer staff and other meetings as required, under the supervision of both the PreCollege Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.
- Meet with PreCollege Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator and Assistant Team Leader following each daily floor meeting to update and discuss any concerns of the summer program operations.
- Submit daily reports to PreCollege Coordinator by 10:00 p.m. sharp each day, including accident and incident reports. [Gather Night Host (NH) reports and turn in to Coordinator by 8 a.m. sharp (mandatory for ALL NH to submit daily reports)].
- Maintain confidentiality and possess the following characteristics: excellent critical thinking skills, integrity, strong leadership skills and high professional standards.
- Follow protocol set out by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Division of Academic Support of Inclusive Excellence-PreCollege Programs, and Residence Life in its entirety.
- Be a team player and have open communication with the PreCollege Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, Assistant Team Leader, Resident Assistants and Night Hosts.
- Attend all mandatory PreCollege Programs training sessions.
- Be on call until the end of program(s) (i.e., all staff and participants must have left the campus).
- Check all rooms, restrooms, halls and common areas in residence halls to ensure that everything is left in good standing before leaving the program/campus.
- Must have a minimum of 60 credits from UW Oshkosh and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Must be enrolled as a full time (12 credits) student for the fall semester of 2016 (i.e., prior to official start date of employment with PreCollege Programs).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to transport students as needed.
- Must pass a criminal background check and be in overall good standing with UW Oshkosh.
- Must be able to stay in the dorms for the duration of the summer programs (i.e., you are not allowed to stay off-campus while employed with PreCollege Programs as you are on-call 24/7).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First-Aid certified (preferred).
- Must have experience and enjoy working with middle and high school students from multicultural and diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this position click HERE.
Applications are due FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2017