Installable Library Theme (2011)
Released Feb 28, 2013
- Get uwosh.librarytheme for All platforms (515.8 kB)
Installable Library Theme for Plone. Theme built in 2011.
Note: this GOV Page Style Feeds! http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/watkinskarleen/govdocswebpage.front?count=4
- Install Notes:
- Make sure to add the correct templates to portal_types.
- Improved tracking infrastructure
- Added teired support for Cover Images. First it uses Bowker. If no image then, google cover. If no image, generate fake image.
- Add https support for cover images
- Added eBooks overlay to cover images
- Added https support for Subject Portlets
- Naming conflict
- Added computer availability views
- Added academic portlet scripts
- Added DE custom homepage
- Added Primo link space
- Removed Courses & Website new icon
- Added Reference & Background to MyQuickLinks
- Government homepage adjustments
- Changes government homepage
- Made adjustment to cache settings
- Added government homepage
- Added Caches to Site Settings
- Setup CSS for inline editing
- Changed SimpleTool to ToolTipper
- Added Trial Messages to Databases
- Added Downtime Messages to Databases
- Added fake cover images to syndetics.js
- Some css additions
- Major refactor in css, js, classes, views
- Made requested EMC homepage changes.
- Adjusted required code from libraryguides refactor.
- Removed anonymous option from suggestion box.
- Adjusted footer links
- Changed EMC homepage to hide descriptions
- Combined Site Settings and Site Messaging System
- Fixed button css on MyQuickLinks
- Added template to override library hours message also change termcode
- Added LibraryHours handling of no response.
- Fixed tab bug with ?home=y
- Changed jquery-ui to use legacy.
- Added video icons to pages, which appear in folder_listing.pt
- Combined Alumni and Visitor Code.
- Validated pages.
- Added corner introduction video to main_template.pt
- This release is a candidate for version 1 release.
- Fixed permission issue again, hotfix on production prevent last fix
- Added Solr service unavailable.
- Switched folder at extesions to use text-xhtml-safe.
- AnchorDrop script now closes previously open windows.
- Fix IE bug.
- Fixed permission issue.
- Folder extensions resolveuid/ bug fixed.
- Bowker bug.
- Forgot proxy urls... dang it.
- Changes to tabs based off of user testing.
- Tabs dropdowns redesigned not to look like filters.
- Changed annotation key
- Fixed EMC Featured bug
- CSS Changes, made things look pretty
- Adjusted MyQuickLinks Portlet
- Added featured tab to be pinnable on any folder.
- Changed footer fontsize
- Homepage tabs are fully expanded
- Changed wording of many fields to be friendly
- Changed Feedback box
- Fully redesigned EMC
- Probably more... can't remember.
- Fixed proxy bug in specific research database
- Fixed flicker in autocomplete
- Fixed snap back on homepage.
- Made search template changes to fix issues from usability testing.
- Libraryh3lp's API changed, mirrored changes.
- Warning system bug fix.
- Extended Schema for Folders giving them a Prefix RichText and Suffix RichText
- Added warning system.
- Various small changes (html, css, etc...)
- Fixed GA.
- Adjusted homepage based off of user feedback.
- Changes to MyGuides, now My Quick Links
- Fixed libraryh3lp available bug.
- Added disability services to footer.
- Adjusted library closed msg.
- Added images.
- GA Adjustments.
- Better Solr.
- Cleaned up MyGuides, removed hours, removed journals.
- Fixed GA Tracking a bit
- Adjusted Solr Search, much more optimized.
- Adjusted Search again
- Adjusted Search
- More MyGuide Portlet Functionality
- Quill overrides. (removed tags)
- Made LibraryH3lp.js to allow multiple chats anywhere.
- Portlet Adjustments.
- Footer links
- Fixed feedback bug, from the major refactor.
- Form Submission adjustments.
- Adjusted homepage.
- Adjustments to theme.
- Added jquery ext simpletip.
- Major Changes
- Changed Footer to be Footer Sitemap
- Combined Services and Courses Tab into one tab.
- Auto Complete Search searches website and courses.
- Homepage template adjusted.
- Fixed a Memoize ram.cache issue, (Note: don't memoize a url, rewrite messes it up)
- Adjusted the path for the recently modified manager.
- Forgot to add a 's' after a parameter in a link...
- Fixed SolrAutoCompletion TermCode bug.
- Fixed LibraryHours from urllib to httplib, to prevent timeout.
- Redesigned homepage again...
- Changed interfaces.
- Changed EMC to a browserview, was a simple template.
- Solr Search was added.
- Feedback design was adjusted.
- Quill template modifications.
- Added Quill Product template modifications
- News DAO now uses quill content types.
- Changed html to homepage
- Homepage news only shows if tagged with 'Headline News'
- Moved quicklinks to bottom of homepage.
- Homepage news is now functional
- Added Images folder, so now SiteBanner and SiteLogo load from this folder, allows quick changes.
- Articles Header Section, now loads from a-to-z list in SearchTools, heavy caching.
- Changed Homepage
- Added new completed links to the dropdowns.
- Fixed a conflict with PloneFormGen
- Fixed skins.xml file. Layers were ordered wrong.
- Changes to hours, caching now enabled.
- CSS tweaks.
- Completely New Homepage Layout
- Completely New Header and Navigation Layout
- Added Maintenance message.
- Old outdated homepages and nav views are still included.
- New homepage layout
- Navigation layout redesigned, easier for users to see
- Customized plones standard display pages (all_content, folder_listing, etc..)
- Finalized EMC Site, Student testing will begin from this point onwards.
- Same as 0.0.7a, fixed bad egg.
- EMC homepage now editable through ZMI > portal_skins > custom
- Changed the CSS layout of all descriptions and content-core.
- SOLR Auto-Completion in Guides Menubar.
- Jquery for SOLR auto-complete setup, still a bit buggy.
- Major Jquery-UI CSS editing.
- Changes to Library UserCustomized Portlet
- Redesigned the Right Portlet Column, now campus standard.
- Fixed egg install issue
- Fixed egg install issue
- Egg (Removed)
- Fixed egg install issue
- Egg (Removed)
- Library User Portlet setup.
- Setup layout of viewlets
- setup custom viewlets and browser views.
- Initial Product
- Created recipe with ZopeSkel [David Hietpas]
This is a full-blown functional test. The emphasis here is on testing what the user may input and see, and the system is largely tested as a black box. We use PloneTestCase to set up this test as well, so we have a full Plone site to play with. We can inspect the state of the portal, e.g. using self.portal and self.folder, but it is often frowned upon since you are not treating the system as a black box. Also, if you, for example, log in or set roles using calls like self.setRoles(), these are not reflected in the test browser, which runs as a separate session.
Being a doctest, we can tell a story here.
First, we must perform some setup. We use the testbrowser that is shipped with Five, as this provides proper Zope 2 integration. Most of the documentation, though, is in the underlying zope.testbrower package.
>>> from Products.Five.testbrowser import Browser >>> browser = Browser() >>> portal_url = self.portal.absolute_url()
The following is useful when writing and debugging testbrowser tests. It lets us see all error messages in the error_log.
>>> self.portal.error_log._ignored_exceptions = ()
With that in place, we can go to the portal front page and log in. We will do this using the default user from PloneTestCase:
>>> from Products.PloneTestCase.setup import portal_owner, default_password>>> browser.open(portal_url)
We have the login portlet, so let's use that.
>>> browser.getControl(name='__ac_name').value = portal_owner >>> browser.getControl(name='__ac_password').value = default_password >>> browser.getControl(name='submit').click()
Here, we set the value of the fields on the login form and then simulate a submit click.
We then test that we are still on the portal front page:
>>> browser.url == portal_url True
And we ensure that we get the friendly logged-in message:
>>> "You are now logged in" in browser.contents True
-- extra stuff goes here --
David Hietpas, Author