UW Oshkosh Plone confab report for Dec. 16, 2011
our weekly Friday afternoons
We met in Polk 336, the old Polk Library staff lounge -- now the staff training room.
Thanks to David Hietpas for help remembering what we covered. :)
- Discussed the proposed web site policy and branding guidelines: how these would affect the library and the Intranet, among other sites.
- Fixed IP address issues for web service access from the new Polk servers housed in Madison.
- Worked on the library working copy/edit tab issue (permission changes in the workflow states; reminder to update existing objects with the changed permissions -- this is a button at the bottom of the portal_workflows page).
- David talked to John about Archetypes validators.
Further notes from Kim
- go with library's skin & header ideas for the Intranet site
- solr on MIO server for summer session data, class data
- validator __call__ signature: args swallows everything not specified earlier
- Nathan: use JSON instead of XML - lighter, and can be used by AJAX directly from browser maybe (though cross site scripting might need an extra header via Plone
- for uwosh.emergency.* product, could push more with Nick & Tom Sonnleitner? Or just see if Apache could be reconfigured to display a single page for ALL web sites no matter the URL
Our next confab will be on Friday, January 6, 2012. We are inclined to hold our confabs in the same room again, but will let you know once that has been confirmed.
Have a great holiday!