Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

Visa Paperwork

The UW Oshkosh Office of International Education must prepare a number of legal documents for you before you can apply for your U.S. visa.  For example, we’ll prepare Form DS-2019, and you’ll take this form to your visa interview.

In order to prepare all forms properly, our staff will need a lot of information, most of which is required by the U.S. government, before we can proceed.  Please note that we are not legally allowed to give you Form DS-2019 until we have collected and reviewed all of the documents listed below!  All documentation must be provided to the UWO in the original language plus an English translation.

Please submit:

  1. a completed “Exchange Visitor Application" OR “Exchange Visitor with Dependent Application” (please request one of these from );
  2. a copy of your passport;
  3. verification of your current position at your home institution (for example, a letter or email from an administrator confirming your position and title at your home institution);
  4. a copy of your diploma showing the highest academic degree you have earned; and
  5. proof of intention to purchase insurance through UW Oshkosh.

You may also need to submit additional documentation as follows.

  • If you have been issued one or more U.S. visas in the past - submit a copy of each U.S. visa;
  • If a spouse and/or dependent child age 20 or younger will be in the U.S. for 91 days or longer - submit a list of their names written exactly as these names appear in passports;
    • If a spouse will be in the U.S. for 91 days or longer - also submit your spouse's passport copy AND a copy of your marriage certificate;
    • If your child/children  - also submit each child's passport copy;
  • If your funding organization/institution will pay less than the amount required by the U.S. government for you AND any dependents who accompany you (see the "Invitation Letter" web page for funding requirements) OR if your funding letter does not clearly indicate that it covers essential elements of your stay such as airfare, accommodation or meals - submit evidence of sufficient finances equal to the difference between financial support provided by a funding organization/institution and the total required by the U.S. government.

AP and IB Credit Charts
Score levels for credit at UWO

Contact Us

Office of International Education
Dempsey Hall, Room 202
Phone: +1 (920) 424-0775
Fax: +1 (920) 424-0185

Invalid date

Event Title

Invalid date–Invalid date

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh — Where Excellence and Opportunity Meet.