Eligibility and Enrollment
• Minimum age of 18
• High school or secondary school diploma
• Significant prior English language learning experience
Students who meet all undergraduate admission requirements except English language proficiency are conditionally admitted to UW Oshkosh before enrollment in the IEP program.
The program provides intensive English language training and instruction to develop program participant’s reading, writing, speaking and listening skills so that they can be successful in their studies at UW Oshkosh. IEP staff will evaluate the ability and progress of students enrolled in the program, and make recommendations with regard to program course placement.
Students who successfully complete all the advanced level classes of the program are then provided with academic advising and registration assistance so they can begin full-time undergraduate studies at UW Oshkosh.
Note: Students wishing to participate in this program must: a) submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to assist program staff with class placement, and b) attend class regularly for 19 hours according to their program level’s course schedule.
Non-U.S. citizens must show sufficient financial support to be admitted as full-time students. The document to prove financial sufficiency can be any one of the following:
• A copy of your personal bank statement
• A copy of your parents’ or other sponsor’s bank statement AND a letter saying that this person or institution will pay for your tuition and living expenses
• A letter from your government or its scholarship agency saying they will pay for your tuition and living expenses