University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Office of International Education (OIE) WEB GUIDE

University of Nagasaki, Siebold (Japan)

Location: Nagasaki, Japan
Dates: April - July or September - February
Courses: Courses in the Arts, Sciences, and Japanese Language
Accommodation: shared apartment
Program Model: Student Exchange
Contact: Office of International Education

University of Nagasaki's (UN) organizing philosophy is based on a "respect for human life and dignity, and the improvement of welfare and international cooperation." UN aspires to give meaningful instruction in specialized areas of the Arts and Sciences, to nurture promising talented people who can meet the current demands of society in our time, and to contribute toward promotion of academic inquiry that focuses on Nagasaki regional area studies, as well as on the region's cultural progress.

The university was founded in April of 1999 as the first national and/or public university in Japan to be named after a foreign national. The university also inherits the tradition of the Nagasaki Prefectural Women's Junior College, located near the site of Siebold's Narutaki juku, which was closed in March 2000.

UW Oshkosh students who study at UN enjoy a full immersion environment. Exchange student apartments are in Japanese neighborhoods, courses are taken alongside Japanese students, and university life involves daily interactions with Japanese students, professors and staff. Exchange students are welcome to join student clubs and participate in student activities.

UW Oshkosh will be given a MAXIMUM OF TWO ENROLLMENTS per academic year. Therefore, only two UW Oshkosh students will be selected for participation.

University of Nagasaki Siebold Photo Album

Academic Coursework

airplaneBulletPoint Host Institution Course Enrollment

Before committing to an exchange program, applicants must spend time looking through the course selection available at the host institution.

Japanese Language Courses

UN offers intensive Japanese courses over each semester. For spring semester placement, exchange students are placed in the appropriate level after taking a Japanese placement test at UN. For fall semester placement, students may choose a course; no placement test is required for fall semester.

Spring Semester:
Japanese IA,IIA, IIIA, IVA, VA,VIA, VIIA; Japanese Studies I taught in English.

Fall Semester:
Japanese IB, IIB, IIIB, IVB, VB,VIB, VIIB; Japanese Studies II taught in English.

UN searchable course database

This searchable course database lists all other courses offered at UN.

Courses open to exchange students are offered either partially in English and partially in Japanese or entirely in Japanese by professors in the Department of Multicultural Exchange and through the General Curriculum.

Students who plan to study at UN for one semester must choose courses taught partially in English (40-50%) and partially in Japanese (50-60%). Students who remain at UN for an additional semester, whose Japanese language skills are advanced and who have the consent of the UN exchange liaison may choose courses taught entirely in Japanese.

airplanePointerCourse and Credit Transfer

When you study abroad/away on a program which does not grant UW Oshkosh credit, you may request that your courses be transfered to UW Oshkosh at the end of your program by soliciting prior approval for course and credit transfer. Transfer without prior approval IS NOT AUTOMATIC and IS NOT GUARANTEED.

Follow the instructions on the Transfer Credit Prior Approval form to have your courses pre-approved for transfer.

NOTE: you may not participate on this program during your final semester prior to graduation because your courses cannot be transferred back on time. Spring semester transcripts are not available until October. Fall semester transcripts are not available until the end of April.

airplanePointerTo Complete Your Course Transfer

Before you depart from abroad, you must request that your host institution send your transcripts directly to the Transfer Student Coordinator in the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office. Do not send your transcript to the Office of International Education. The UW Oshkosh OIE cannot request transcripts on your behalf and you cannot receive credit at UW Oshkosh without the official transcript.

Transfer Student Coordinator
Admissions Office
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901

NOTE: When the Transfer Student Coordinator receives your transcipt, it will be matched to the Transfer Credit Prior Approval Form you completed during the application process for your program. If you did not take the courses you listed on your prior approval form, there is no guarantee that your courses will transfer. If you took courses which won't transfer, this will retroactively affect your full-time status as reported by UW Oshkosh and may affect your financial aid.

You should consider ordering a copy of your host institution transcripts for yourself if possible.

UN will provide one copy of each semester’s transcripts for free to exchange students, but UW Oshkosh students will pay fees for additional copies.  You will need to have paid for these transcripts PRIOR TO LEAVING Japan if you want additional copies!

Spring semester transcripts are not available until October. Fall semester transcripts are not available until the end of April.

airplanePointerDPI Study Abroad Requirement for Foreign Language Teachers

College of Education & Human Services students planning to teach a foreign language after graduation must meet the DPI requirement for study abroad and must have a completed Certificate of Residency. For more information, visit the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures Office on the third floor of Radford.

Full Estimated Cost of Participation

The "Full Estimated Cost of Participation" includes your Program Fee (the amount due directly to UW Oshkosh), your airfare and other expenses related to your participation on this program.

Full Estimated Cost of Participation:

As part of the application process for this program, you are required to review, sign and submit the "Full Estimated Cost of Participation" worksheet for your program. The worksheet includes all of the cost details for your program and is linked from STEP III of the "Apply" section of this guide.   

Accommodation & Meals


UN may place you in one of several shared furnished apartments or in a shared furnished home. Accommodations are typically a 15-30 minute bus ride from UN. Students staying in Nagasaki for longer than six months may be moved to new accommodation after the first six months.

One apartment is in Iwami-machi 30 minutes by bus from UN. A second is in Ougi-machi, about 15 minutes by bus from UN and the third is in Heiwa-machi, also about 15 minutes by bus from UN.

A homestay is allowed if students make the arrangements themselves.


UN has a student cafeteria and a café which are open for lunch. Members of the coop can make purchases in the cafeteria, café and the school bookstore using cash or a kumiai (cooperative) card. To get a card, students put down a deposit and make a pre-payment onto the card (similar to pre-paying for meals or Titan Dollars using the Titan Card). At the end of your program, turn in the card and request a refund for your deposit.

Review the estimate for the amount of money you should bring to cover meals in the Full Cost of Participation worksheet. It is not reasonable to think that you can save money by spending less than the food estimate provided by the OIE! This estimate is meant to be the BARE MINIMUM in relation to your particular destination!


At a minimum, eligible students on student exchange and direct enroll programs have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5, are in good standing, and may come from any academic discipline. Students who will study in a foreign language must also meet proficiency requirements as listed on each program's web page. Students with a GPA below 2.5 should contact the OIE before applying. In some cases, partners abroad will accept applicants with a slightly lower GPA. As part of the application process, your disciplinary file will be reviewed. If you have a campus disciplinary file, this will be taken into consideration when determining your eligibility.

Pre-/Post-travel Class Dates

Inability or failure to attend class prior to or following your program abroad may affect your ability to participate, course grades and/or ability to receive and use financial aid.

Application Process

airplanePointerBefore You Apply

  1. Write the deadline for completing the On-line Study Abroad Orientation - AND the date on which you must attend your Pre-departure meeting - in your calendar. Failure to complete orientation will affect your ability to participate.
  2. Write all payment deadlines in your calendar.
    If you aren't the person who will be making payments, share this information with the person who will be.
  3. Understand how seats are assigned on study abroad programs.

airplanePointerSecuring Your Place on a Study Abroad Program

The application process for this program is competitive; applications will be accepted through the application deadline, when decisions on seat assignments will be made.

If on the date that applications are due there are more applications than seats available, the top applicants will be selected. Where two or more applicants have similar qualifications, graduation dates and/or the date on which the application was received may be used to select applicants. Preference in selecting applicants will go to UW Oshkosh students.

Selected applicants will be notified and must make their first program payment on time in order to retain their seat. Applicants who are not selected will be refunded the application fee.

airplanePointerApplication Deadlines

Fall Semester Programs

STEPS I & II: last Friday in February by NOON

STEP III: 1st Friday of March by NOON

STEP IV (post-application deadline): upon receipt of "Certificate of Eligibility

Spring Semester Programs

STEPS I & II: Friday September 28th, 2018 by NOON

STEP III: Friday October 5th, 2018 by NOON

STEP IV (post-application deadline): upon receipt of "Certificate of Eligibility

airplanePointerApplication STEPs & Application Checklist

Complete the three steps below in order, or work on all three steps simultaneously. Check off items as you SUBMIT them to the Office of International Education.

Step I
Complete the on-line study abroad/away application.

**Be aware that the application will time out without warning! Save often, and if you answering the longer questions we recommend typing them into a Word document and pasting them in to the online application.
Refer to the Orientation section for orientation dates.
Step II
Print the application packet and sign where appropriate.
Pay the UW Oshkosh application fee
( $200 for in-state residents and $300 for out-of-state residents) per the instructions in the application packet and turn in your receipt to the OIE. If you have mailed the application fee to the Cashier's Office, notify the OIE so that OIE staff can contact the Cashier's Office for confirmation.
Print an unofficial copy of your university transcript

course prerequisites (if applicable) and final GPA.

To print your unofficial transcripts:
1) Login to TitanWeb
2) Select "Transcript: View Unofficial" using the drop-down menu
3) Select "Unofficial Transcript" in the Report Type drop-down menu
4) Click "View Report"
5) The transcript will process as a PDF. This can take a few minutes. If you do not see your transcript, turn off your pop-up blocker.
6) Print
Special Student Form for Undergraduate Admissions
Complete and submit to the OIE ONLY IF you are not a student at UW Oshkosh OR if you are not a student at all.
Graduate Registration Form and Graduate Special/Non-Degree Information Form
Complete and submit to the OIE ONLY IF you are not in a Graduate program at UW Oshkosh and want to earn graduate level credit, or if you are in a Graduate program at UW Oshkosh and want to earn undergraduate level credit.
Submit the Disciplinary Clearance Form
Complete ONLY IF:

1) You are a student at a university or college OTHER THAN UW Oshkosh. Submit this form to the appropriate office on your HOME campus; request that the office on your HOME campus submit the form directly to the UW Oshkosh OIE by the deadline for this step of the application process.
2) You transferred to UW Oshkosh in the last 12 months. Submit this form to the appropriate office on the campus(es) you transferred from; request that the office on your transfer campus(es) submit the form directly to the UW Oshkosh OIE by the deadline for this step of the application process.

  Program-specific Application Materials/Requirements:

Transfer Credit Prior Approval form
Meet with Dr. Hanai in the Japanese department to complete the Transfer Credit Prior Approval form. If you will take courses other than Japanese Language and Culture, these will need to be approved by the appropriate department chairs.
International Exchange Student Application Form (2 pages)
Form titled "A Written Oath" (1 page; included in the application linked above)
Please note that you are required to complete this form, including a parent or sponsor signature, regardless of whether your parent (or anyone else) will cover costs related to your study abroad. The Japanese government requires confirmation that your family will not leave you stranded in Japan if you run out of money!
Application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Review the example COE application BEFORE completing your own application. The original application form is in an Excel workbook (an Excel file with multiple worksheets in it). You must complete the application documents found on the first three tabs of the workbook (ignore all remaining tabs). Tabs are located at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Complete only sections highlighted in yellow as per the example.
Official Transcript Order your transcript on line or in-person from the Registrar's Office in Demspey 130
Certificate of Support
Complete the Certificate of Support to Meet Expenses for One Year or the Certificate of Support to Meet Expenses for One Semester (request this from the OIE), depending on the length of your intended stay in Japan.

Use to find the JPY equivalent for US dollar amounts.
Financial Statements
Provide one or more of the following: copy of your bank statement, copy of someone else's bank statement plus a letter from that person stating the total amount to be used toward your study abroad program, financial aid award letter, scholarship letter, private loan document, or other documentation showing that you have the following minimum amount available to you: the total US dollar equivalent of the "Additional Personal Expenses Estimated in Foreign Currency" as listed on your Full Estimated Cost of Participation worksheet.
Certificate of University Enrollment
Log on to Titan Web and follow the instructions to obtain an Enrollment Verification.
JASSO Short-term Student Exchange Promotion Program (Inbound) Scholarships-Applies to students staying for the Academic Year only. *Request this form from the UW Oshkosh OIE
Two Recommendations
One recommendation must be from a professor in a department related to your subject and/or language of study. The second must be from a professor or from a professional person with whom you work. Both recommendations cannot be from UW Oshkosh Japanese language professors, as they are already involved in the selection process.
OPTIONAL: Click here to apply for the State of Wisconsin Travel Grant!
Step III
Review, sign and submit the
Fall Full Cost of Participation worksheet
Spring Full Cost of Participation
Year Full Cost of Participation worksheet.
Edit the "medical" and "medical III" sections of your on-line study abroad application to ensure that every question is complete. Each and every question must be answered, even if the answer is obviously "none" or "n/a"!
Provide proof of passport
Complete only if you will travel outside the U.S.

If you already have a passport
, edit the "passport" section of your on-line study abroad application to include all requested passport details.

If you do not already have a passport, apply for one and submit a copy of your receipt to the OIE showing that you have applied.

Click here for passport forms and instructions.
Edit the "passport" section of your on-line study abroad application to include your full name.

If you are traveling OUTSIDE the U.S., enter your full name EXACTLY as it appears on your passport or on your passport application.  DO NOT GUESS! 

If you are traveling WITHIN the U.S. (including Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), enter your name EXACTLY as it appears on your driver’s license.  DO NOT GUESS! 

Your name will be printed on your airline ticket exactly as you enter it.  If the name on your airline ticket does not match the name on your identification, you will be charged a correction fee or may not be allowed through airport security.
Program-specific Application Materials/Requirements:

Medical History Form
2 Photos
Submit 2 photos (4.5cm x 3.5cm-this is a different size than the passport photos!) taken by a professional photographer. Write your name on the back of each photo prior to submitting.

Step IV (post-application deadline)

Photocopy of your Passport
You must turn in a COPY of your signed passport valid for 6 months from the date of arrival in the foreign country (for short-term programs) or valid past the end date for your program abroad (long-term programs). The copy should only include the following two pages: the page with your photo on it and the page with your signature on it (the signature page is just above the page with your photo).


Paying Your Program Fee

airplaneBulletPointFinancial Aid

Using financial aid to cover some or all of your costs? See our detailed financial aid information.

airplanePointerPayment Deadlines

Fall Semester Programs

Spring Semester Programs


airplanePointerFirst Program Fee Payment

Your emailed study abroad acceptance letter (the one that says that you have been officially accepted to participate) includes a link to a statement for your first payment. This statement will not be sent to you in any other way. No one else will receive this statement or a copy of your bill; no further reminders will be sent. It is your responsibility to make payments according to the payment deadlines; you will need to forward your statement to the person who pays your bills if you are not that person!!!

The initial Program Fee Statement is also provided here. You can use this copy or the copy included in your acceptance letter (they are identical) when paying your fees.

airplanebulletpointSecond Program Fee Payment

You will receive a link to a statement for your second payment VIA EMAIL from the Office of International Education just prior to the second payment deadline. Some programs have been advertised using a range of fees; if this is the case, you must plan to cover fees at the top end of the range until you receive your second statement. This statement will indicate whether there have been cost savings due to increased participant numbers, exchange rates, etc. and, therefore, a reduced program fee.

airplanebulletpointTuition Payment

If your program includes a required tuition payment IN ADDITION TO YOUR PROGRAM FEE, this will be clearly indicated on the Full Cost of Participation Worksheet linked within the "Apply" section of this guide.

For interim programs, follow the program fee payment deadlines ($1,000 total due by the first deadline date, the remaining tuition and program fee due by the final deadline date).

For semester & summer programs, tuition will be billed by Student Accounts just before the term at UW Oshkosh begins, just as it normally is. It is your responsibility to make payments according to the normal university tuition payment deadlines.

airplanebulletpointPayment by Cash or Check

All payments by cash or check must be accompanied by a copy of your program fee statement. Make checks payable to “The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh” and write “Study Abroad” in the memo section. Pay fees at the Cashier's Office on the second floor of Dempsey Hall or mail your check to: Cashier's Office, UW Oshkosh, 800 Algoma Blvd, Oshkosh, WI 54901. Cashier office hours: Mon – Fri 8:30-4:00 (8:30-3:00 the day after Thanksgiving).

airplanebulletpointPayment by Credit Card or E-check

Payment by MasterCard or American Express carries a 2.5% convenience fee and can be made through TitanWeb E-checks carry a fee of $0.50 per transaction.

airplanebulletpointPayment by Financial Aid, Grant, Scholarship or External Loan

Submit the "Notice of Financial Aid Award for Study Abroad" form to Student Accounts by the first payment deadline. Students who plan to to cover some costs on their own and remaining costs using financial aid, grants or scholarships must pay costs not covered by aid/loans/scholarships, up to $1,000, by the first payment deadline.

For UW Oshkosh students, financial aid will automatically be applied toward study abroad-related fees on your student account. If you are a student elsewhere, you may need to pick up your change check from your home campus, cash the check, and send payment to UW Oshkosh.

Once your "Notice of Financial Aid Award for Study Abroad" form has been submitted, a "positive service indicator" will appear on your record indicating that financial aid will be paying your study abroad program fees.  This should not prevent you from doing anything except printing transcripts.

airplanebulletpointWorking Abroad

UW Oshkosh students attending classes at UN may work part-time as English tutors, if invited to do so. No other work is permitted while on a student visa.


Scholarships offered through UW Oshkosh and outside organizations. 


Flight & Program Schedule


Carry approximately ¥100,000 (about US$800) in cash to cover transportation fees to UN from the local airport and living costs for the first few days.


Mode of transportation: participants find their own way to the U.S. departure airport


Participants arrange and pay for airline tickets on their own. DO NOT purchase these until you have been officially accepted into the program by the HOST university. Information on finding and booking airline tickets is available elsewhere in this guide.

airplanePointerArrival Abroad

Pick-up: If you submit your flight itinerary to the OIE at least a month in advance, then on-site partners from University of Nagasaki, Siebold will arrange to pick you up from Nagasaki or, depending on the timing of your flight, perhaps even from Fukuoka, but not from Tokyo.

Whether you have pick-up service-arranged or not, it is always a good idea to have a backup plan.

Review the web site/s of your arrival airport and print any information/maps available to you; carry these with you when you travel. Pre-plan your route from your arrival terminal to the bus stop, train station or other form of transportation you'll use to get to your program site.

Japan - Narita (Tokyo); Haneda (Tokyo); Kansai (Osaka); Hakata (Fukuoka)

Fukuoka Airport has two terminals - domestic and international.  You could be arriving at the domestic or the international terminal. There is bus service direct from Fukuoka airport to Nagasaki (multiple stops prior to arrival and in Nagasaki). More information about your arrival in Japan will be given at your pre-departure meeting.

airplaneBulletPointProgram Schedule

Spring semester runs from April through July. Fall semester runs from September through February, ending several weeks after spring semester at UW Oshkosh has already begun. Therefore, students who plan to continue at UW Oshkosh at the end of this program should participate either in the spring only or for an entire academic year beginning in the fall. Students who plan to study abroad during their final semester(s) before graduation can participate at any time.

Arrival in Japan (before orientation)
International Student Orientation (2nd week of April-approx)
Classes Begin (mid-April)
Add/Drop Period (mid April)
Classes End (mid-July)
Make-up Classes (mid- to late-July)
Final exams (late July)
Departure from Japan (before visa expiration)

Arrival in Japan (late September)
Classes Begin (early October)
Add/Drop Period (early to mid-October)
Preparation for University Festival (late October)
University Festival (end of October)
Winter Break (late December to early January)
Make-up Classes (mid-January)
Regular Classes Resume (mid-January)
Classes end (early February)
Make-up Classes (early to mid-February)
Final exams (mid-February)
Graduation (not required) (late March)
Departure from Japan (before visa expiration)

Visas & Residence Permits

airplanePointerVisas & Residence Permits

A visa is an endorsement or stamp placed by officials of a foreign country on a U.S. passport that makes it possible for the bearer to visit that foreign country.

Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

In order for you to secure a visa to enter Japan, your host university must first apply for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), issued by the Ministry of Justice in Japan, on your behalf. This takes approximately two months. If your host institution does not mail the COE directly to you, the OIE will contact you to pick up the COE from the OIE, at which time you will need to apply for a visa to enter Japan.

Applying for a Japanese Visa

A US citizen with a Certificate of Eligibility must submit a number of additional documents to the Japanese Consulate in the U.S. in order to obtain a visa to enter Japan. The list of documents, along with the application procedure, is available on the web site of the Consulate General of Japan at Chicago. Instructions on how to apply for the visa will be discussed at your pre-departure meeting with the Study Away Coordinator.

Japanese immigration requires all students to prove financial support before authorizing a visa. Proof of support can be in the form of financial aid award letters, scholarship award letters, bank statements, etc.

Resident Card

Foreigners who intend to reside in Japan for more than 90 days must apply in person for a Resident Card within 14 days of arrival in Japan. Foreigners entering through a number of airports in the Tokyo area will apply for the resident card at the border. Foreigners entering through other airports will apply at a local municipal office. Someone at your host university will assist you. Foreign residents 16 years of age or over are required by law to carry their Resident Card on their person at all times. See the "Resident Management System" flyer for detailed information on Resident Cards.

airplanePointerProof of Legal Entry & Stay

Foreigners are required to provide proof of legal entry and stay to authorities upon request. This means that as a foreigner, you will be required to carry the document/s listed below at all times. Check the Entry/Exit Requirements section of theU.S. State Department's Country-specific Informationfor your destination for details.

Japan - you are required to carry your passport on you at all times UNTIL you receive your Resident Card. Once you have this card, you are required to carry it (and not the passport) at all times.


Health Insurance

See our new "Insurance" page for details.

Emergency Contacts

In a life and death emergency ABROAD

U.S. Department of State Citizen Emergency Center (1-202-647-5225) will relay messages to the foreign Embassy. Embassy personnel may try to locate your student, pass on urgent messages and, consistent with the Privacy Act, report back.

To reach your student directly

If your student is staying in a hotel, use the hotel contact information listed on the web page for your student's program. The Office of International Education cannot give out private residence or homestay phone numbers unless authorized in advance by the student, but we will contact your student for you in an emergency.

To reach someone at UW Oshkosh during office hours (7:45 am - 4:30 pm M-F)

Office of International Education Phone: 1 (920) 424-0775
Jenna Graff: Director, Office of International Education -
Kelsey McDaniels, Study Abroad Advisor -
Mary Reinke: Program Manager -
Office of International Education Fax: 1 (920) 424-0185
Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor Phone: 1 (920) 424-1410
Office of the Provost & Vice Chancellor Phone: 1 (920) 424-0300

To reach someone at UW Oshkosh outside of normal office hours

University Police: 1 (920) 424-1216

To reach an on-site local contact, IN AN EMERGENCY ONLY.

Mr. Yohei Mieno, Educational Affairs Department, Siebold University of Nagasaki;
Address: 1-1-1 Manabino, Nagayo-cho, Nishi-Sonogi-gun, Nagasaki-ken 851-2195, Japan; Tel: 011-81-95-813-5220; email: (Mr. Mieno speaks English)


To help you prepare for your travel experience away, we'll begin with an orientation through which we'll share information on topics such as course registration & enrollment, flights, itineraries, housing, meals, emergency contacts, financial planning, program withdrawal, health & personal security, and travel.

Your orientation consists of:

  • required reading materials
  • required on-line presentation
  • orientation quiz submitted to the OIE
  • optional in-person Q&A
  • in-person orientation with program leaders or department advcoates (These may be required or optional, or may not be offered for your particular program; check your program web guide and/or with your program leader for more information.)

The orientation deadline for fall interim & spring semester programs is the 2nd Friday in November. The on-line orientation deadline for spring interim, summer and fall semester programs is the 1st Friday in April.

  • Participants who do not complete the orientation requirements prior to the orientation deadline will be removed from their programs. The withdrawal & refund policy will apply.
  • Share the this orientation with parents, spouses, and/or other family members who may also want to review the orientation. The orientation is open to anyone who would like to participate.


airplanebulletpointIn Person Q & A - OPTIONAL

The date below is what you will enter in the "Orientation" section of your online application!

Following completion of the on-line orientation, participants are invited to attend an OPTIONAL, in-person Q & A session on:

  • Fall Interim & Spring Semester programs: Sat, 11/10/18, 9:00am-1:00pm, Location TBA
  • Spring Interim, Summer and Fall Semester programs: Saturday, 4/6/19, 9:00am-1:00pm, location TBA

Family member attendance at the Q & A session is invited and encouraged. Family members who plan to attend the Q & A session should understand that this will not replace the orientation outlined above. Family members should review the full orientation prior to attending in person.

airplanebulletpointReading Materials - REQUIRED

Before beginning your on-line orientation, review the materials listed below; you will refer to these materials during the on-line orientation. Share these materials with interested family members.

airplanebulletpointOn-line Orientation - REQUIRED

Schedule approximately 90 minutes to focus on your on-line orientation.

To access the on-line orientation

  • Open the study away orientation in PowerPoint.
  • Click on the "Slide Show" tab along the top menu.
  • Click on the "Custom Slide Show" menu item.
  • Choose your program.

airplanebulletOrientation Quiz - REQUIRED

Complete your orientation requirement by submitting this orientation quiz to the Office of International Education by the orientation deadline.

airplanebulletPre-depature meeting: REQUIRED

All participants are required to attend a pre-departure meeting with the Study Away Coordinator. This orientation covers topics not already covered in the on-line orientation and focuses on topics about which participants will have questions and will need clarification.

Participants who do not complete in-person program-specific orientation will be removed from their programs. The withdrawal & refund policy will apply.

The date and time of this meeting will be coordinated with all accepted students and take place in Dempsey 202.


This page was last updated on: May 16, 2018