The UW Oshkosh Department of Music offers a minor in music-industry for students interested in furthering their understanding of music in the commercial/business environment. No entry audition is required for admittance into the music-industry minor.
The 24-credit curriculum for a minor in music-industry includes the following courses:
- MUSIC 119 Financial Aspects of the Music Industry -- 3 credits
- MUSIC 120 Managerial Aspects of the Music Industry -- 3 credits
- MUSIC 113 Recording Studio Tech I -- 2 credits
- MUSIC 114 Recording Studio Tech II -- 2 credits
- MUSIC 314 Record Industry Operations -- 3 credits
- MUSIC 102 Music Theory for the General Student (HU) -- 3 credits
- Music History and Culture -- 3 credits
One course selected from:
- MUSIC 215 African-American Popular Music: Rock And Roll (ES)
- MUSIC 216 The Evolution of Jazz (HU)
- MUSIC 218 Survey of American Music (HU, ES)
- MUSIC 219 Music and Culture (HU)
- MUSIC 221 Honors: Music and Culture (HU)
- Music Electives -- 5 credits
Music elective credits may be selected from any other music courses, including ensembles, provided the necessary prerequisites have been met.
For additional information on the Music-Industry Minor, contact the Department of Music at 920-424-4224, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Department at N210 in the Arts and Communication Center.