Calendar of Events
All events are held in Music Hall in the Arts & Communication Center unless otherwise indicated. Events are subject to change.
PARKING: Specific lots are cleared for events that take place during weekday evenings. Please visit the Parking Services website to view their Weekly Event Parking Announcements. Parking is FREE for concerts on Saturday and Sunday, in non-reserved spaces. Lots are not cleared for daytime guest speaker events; it is advised to use street parking to avoid being ticketed.
- March, 2014
- 8 Wisconsin Flute Festival *, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 10 Guest Speaker, 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. - Roy Elkins (live on campus!), Founder and CEO of Broadjam, Inc. **Held in room A/C S147**
- 10 Guest Recital, 6:00 p.m. - Chris van Hof, trombone **Held in the choir room, A/C N28**
- 11 Guest Speaker, 1:20 p.m.-2:40 p.m. - Peter Bunetta. Peter has had a hand in over 75 million records sold and manages the careers of Julian and Damon Bunetta (writers for One Direction). **Held in room A/C N223**
- 13 UW Oshkosh World Percussion Festival, 7:30 p.m. - World Drumming Traditions featuring African and Arabic Styles. Also featuring steel band music performed by UW Oshkosh's own Titan Steel. Guest artist Elizabeth DeLamater and Dr. Alison Shaw, and members of the UW Oshkosh Percussion Ensemble and Naker Society.
- 14 Faculty Recital *, 7:30 p.m. - Klara Fenyo Bahcall, violin
- 15 Student Recital, 7:00 p.m. - Tanya Paulson, piano
- 16 UW Oshkosh Choirs *, 3:00 p.m. - Eric Barnum, director
- 16 UW Oshkosh Bands *, 7:00 p.m. - Rob McWilliams and Heather McWilliams, conductors
- 19 UW Oshkosh Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Lab Band *, 7:30 p.m. - Marty Robinson and Andrew Sachen, directors
- 20 UW Oshkosh Symphony Orchestra *, 7:30 p.m. - Dylan Chmura-Moore, conductor
- April, 2014
- 1 Guest Speaker, 9:40 a.m.-11:10 a.m. - Kevin Breuner, Grammy nominated artist and Director of Marketing for CD Baby. **Held in room A/C S147**
- 1 Guest Speaker, 1:20 p.m.-2:50 p.m. - American Brass Quintet discusses the business of music, managing, booking gigs, working as a group, social media use, commissioning, recording, and the organization of teaching and playing. **Held in room A/C N223**
- 2 Chamber Arts Series *, 7:30 p.m. - American Brass Quintet
- 3 Wired: An Evening of Electronic Music *, 7:30 p.m.
- 5 Student Recital, 7:00 p.m. - Julie Handwerker, viola
- 10 Guest Speaker, 1:20 p.m.-2:50 p.m. - Peter Strand, Chicago-based music industry lawyer. **Held in room A/C N223**
- 11 UW Oshkosh Opera Theatre *, 7:30 p.m.
- 12 Musica Viva *, 6:00 p.m. - An evening with exceptional artists!
- 13 UW Oshkosh Opera Theatre *, 3:00 p.m.
- 14 Composition Studio Recital, 7:00 p.m. - Students from the studios of John Mayrose and Ed Martin
- 15 Guest Speaker, 9:40 a.m.-11:10 a.m. - Event Joe (Joe Lucchese, live on campus!). A relationship architect, a marketing consultant and an event producer
with 20 years of experience, Joe is a marketing expert in the music
industry. Credits include world tours with bands such as U2 and the
Black Eyed Peas; national tours with Kings of Leon, Phoenix and The
Police; special events like the Big Buck Hunter World Championship,
Comic Con and the Billboard Music Awards. **Held in room A/C S147**
- 15 Guest Speaker, 1:20 p.m.-2:50 p.m. - Event Joe (Joe Lucchese, live on campus!). See above for details. **Held in room A/C N223**
- 15 UW Oshkosh Horn Ensemble, 8:30 p.m.
- 16 Guest Speaker, 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. - Gee Rabe, LA's Accordion Diva! Freelancer and entrepreneur. **Held in room A/C S147**
- 16 Brass Chamber Music Recital, 7:00 p.m. - Students from the studios of Bruce Atwell, Dylan Chmura-Moore, Heather McWilliams and Marty Robinson
- 18 Guest Recital, 4:00 p.m. - Dr. Paul Nolen, saxophone and Dr. Anne Dervin, clarinet
- 22 Guest Speaker, 9:40 a.m.-11:10 a.m. - Sonicbids Account Managers will speak of the importance of the EPK (Electronic Press Kit) to the artist and how Sonicbids became a leader in the industry. **Held in room A/C S147**
- 22 Faculty Recital *, 7:30 p.m. - Nathan Krueger, voice
- 28 Guest Speaker, 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. - Tish Ciravolo, southern California-based musician and guitar maker; President & Founder of Daisy Rock Guitars. Daisy Rock Guitars is a guitar manufacturer established in 2000. Known
as the original “girl-guitar company,” Daisy Rock Guitars is the first
company to successfully supply and market pro-quality guitars made
specifically for females. **Held in room A/C S147**
- 29 Faculty Recital *, 7:30 p.m. - Eli Kalman, piano
- 30 Clarinet Studio Recital, 6:45 p.m. - Students from the studio of Rosemary Brumbelow. **Held off-campus at Evergreen Retirement Community**
- May, 2014
- 1 UW Oshkosh Jazz Ensemble *, 7:30 p.m. - Marty Robinson, director
- 2 Piano Studio Recital, 5:00 p.m. - Students from the studio of Eli Kalman
- 3 UW Oshkosh Chamber Ensembles, 5:00 p.m. - Students from the studio of Eli Kalman; others TBA
- 4 UW Oshkosh Handbell Choir, 1:00 p.m. - Leigh-Ann Lethco, conductor
- 5 UW Oshkosh Percussion Ensemble *, 7:30 p.m. - Alison Shaw, director
- 6 UW Oshkosh Symphony Orchestra *, 7:30 p.m. - Dylan Chmura-Moore, conductor
- 8 UW Oshkosh Jazz Lab Band *, 7:30 p.m. - Andrew Sachen, director
- 10 UW Oshkosh Symphonic Band *, 3:00 p.m. - Heather McWilliams, conductor
- 11 UW Oshkosh Wind Ensemble *, 3:00 p.m. - Rob McWilliams, conductor
- 11 UW Oshkosh Choirs *, 7:00 p.m. - Eric Barnum, director