IS Club Meetings for Fall 2011
September 20, 2011: Informational meeting
- Introducing new club officers
- Setting up times for tours
October 5, 2011: Tour Information, Membership Dues
- Tour Time established
- Membership Dues established and gifts decided
- Announced openings for next year officers
October 19, 2011: Oracular - Javad Ahmad
- Javad came into talk about ERP Systems. He also talked about the need for IS professionals and talked about how students can sell themselves.
November 2, 2011: Dean Health - Jeff Sehmer
- Jeff talked about his path through the IT career from graduation to his current job. He gave Students a perspective view on what they could encounter and areas to help land that job after graduation.
November 4, 2011: Brewer Trip
- The IS Club went down to Milwaukee and toured the IT Infrastructure for the Milwaukee Brewers. We got to tour how the IT Staff uses technology on a regular basis. We also got to tour the Brewer Stadium in general and learn about the history of the Brewers.
November 16, 2011: Quad Graphics - Tim Schlitz & Ben Puckhaber
- Tim and Ben both talked about what they do at Quad Graphics. They talked about how Quad became the 2nd largest printing company in the Nation. They talked about how they build everything in house from their robotic assembly system to their ERP System.