We are seeking the following students to become McNair Scholars:
- Rising juniors and seniors: Applicants must have achieved at least 45 cumulative credit hours toward their degree at the time of application and have 60 credits in progress at time of acceptance
- Motivated and disciplined undergraduates interested in pursuing a PhD.
- First-generation college students with demonstrated financial need. First-generation college student is defined as: Both mother and father, or primary caretakers, have not completed a four-year degree.
- African-American, Latina-American, Pacific-Islander, Native-American students and/or those students historically underrepresented at the graduate level.
- Admission GPA should be 2.75 or above. Applicants must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA once admitted.
- Citizens and/or permanent legal residents of the U.S.