The Math Club is an organization for students interested in mathematics which provides social, scholastic and professional opportunities. All UWO students are eligible for membership. Members meet at least once a month during fall and spring semesters.
Club members meet with other students as well as faculty members. Favorite events include movie nights and math game shows.
The Math Club tries to fund at least one conference trip every year. Students can choose to attend and they often give presentations. Some of the recently funded conference trips are listed below.
- Pi Mu Epsilon Conference at St. Norbert's College in DePere
- Meeting of the Wisconsin Mathematics Council in Green Lake
- Meeting of the Wisconsin section of the Mathematical Association of America
Speakers are brought in to talk to the group about careers in math-related fields. This allows members to learn more about potential careers, develop their professional skills and network with area business leaders.
Watch for notices of Math/Stats Club meetings or e-mail Krista at email@example.com for more information.
Membership Has Its Benefits
Often Math Club members are approached to be private tutors. The tutor and the tutee, independently, set up meeting times and appropriate pay rates. The department also hires many club members for the Math Tutor Lab.
- Stop by the Math Office, Swart 115 or call 424-1333.
- Converse with one of the advisors:
Dr. Grady Bullington has his office in Swart 121, phone (920) 424-7351, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check our bulletin board located on the first floor of Swart.