The UWO Math Club is an organization for students at UW Oshkosh who are interested in mathematics. The purpose of the Math Club is to promote mathematics and enhance faculty-student relations through scholarly and social activities. Members meet at least once a month each semester to plan and participate in social, academic and professional opportunities.
COME TO OUR INFORMATIONAL MEETING on Thursday September 10, 2015, at 5:00 PM in Swart Hall 126.
- Social Events: Favorite events include movie nights, math game nights, math karaoke, and the Face-Off! math quiz show.
- Field Trip to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.
- The Math Club tries to fund at least one conference trip every year. Students can choose to attend and they often give presentations. Some of the recently funded conference trips are listed below.
- Pi Mu Epsilon Conference at St. Norbert's College in DePere
- Meeting of the Wisconsin Mathematics Council in Green Lake
- Meeting of the Wisconsin section of the Mathematical Association of America
- Speakers are brought in to talk to the group about careers in math-related fields. This allows members to learn more about potential careers, develop their professional skills and network with area business leaders.
Membership Has Its Benefits
Membership in the Math Club gets you a free T-shirt, and discounted prices on Math Department field trips and the department banquet.
- Converse with one of the faculty advisors:
- David Penniston has his office in Swart 103, phone x3012, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Kuennen has his office in Swart 111, phone x1059, or email@example.com
- Check our bulletin board located on the first floor of Swart.