Digital Equipment Checkout Program
Cameras circulate out of the Graphics and Presentations Lab, located in the basement of Polk Library room 5. Please call the Graphics and Presentations Lab at 424-3440 to inquire about availability or with questions.
Reservations are not available, but we are willing to make exceptions for instructors needing multiple cameras for classroom use. To make arrangements for a classroom set of devices, please send email to Amber Patrick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Students or staff wishing to check out a camera must present a valid UW-Oshkosh ID at checkout.
Cameras circulate on a 7 day checkout period, with one renewal period available.
Equipment available for checkout includes:
- Nikon AW100 cameras (an easy to use point and shoot) -- Nikon product page
These cameras are suitable for most applications students and staff may require them for. They are capable of shooting 1080p video. This is the camera you probably want, for still and video applications. There is a 30 minute limit on continuous video on these cameras, and they cannot accept an external Mic source.
- NiKON D7000 DSLR (Staff Use Only)
- Panasonic P2HD Video Camera (Staff Use Only)
- JVC Everio video camera
A full featured flash based video camera with no limitations on recording length. These cameras will accept an external microphone.
- Aiptek Action HD GVS flip style cameras -- Video camera info
Flip cameras useful for 1080p video without a limitation on recording length.
- iPod Touch - 5th Generation
- iPad - 2nd Generation
- Nexus 10 Android Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Tablet
- Microsoft Surface RT tablet
- Samsung Chromebook
- Microsoft Kinect Developers Kit
- Sony MP3 Voice Recorders
- We also offer a number of supporting accessories, such as extra SD cards, lights, lav mics, iPod tripod mounts, and tripods.