You are here: Home > Getting Started > Transferring Credits

Transferring Credits

If you attended a different college or university after leaving UW Oshkosh, you will need to have your credits evaluated for transfer to UW Oshkosh.

Evaluating your transfer credits

Contact the Registrar’s Office of any institutions where you have taken classes and request that your transcripts be sent to the UW Oshkosh Admissions Office.

P.O. Box 2423
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, WI 54903

Transfer Information Systems

If you are transferring from a UW System or Wisconsin Technical College System school, you can use the Transfer Information System (TIS) to determine course equivalencies.

If you are transferring from a Wisconsin private college, you can use the Oshkosh Transfer Information System (OTIS).

Finishing your degree at another college or university

You can finish your UW Oshkosh degree at another school as long as at least 15 of your last 30 credits are taken at UW Oshkosh. To graduate, you will work with the Graduation Project to determine courses you can take at a different school that will satisfy your remaining UW Oshkosh course requirements. Those courses will transfer in, and you can apply for graduation at UW Oshkosh.

If you are interested in this option, please contact the Graduation Project at (920) 424-4474 or to verify your final course requirements and find out how you can fulfill them.

Document Actions
Student Success Stories

Timber Smith

Timber Smith

Timber received his bachelor's degree in sociology in 2011. In addition to going to school, he's married, has a daughter and works full time.

Click here to read Timber's and other student's stories.