Learn what to expect and prepare for the ACT!
Jan. 23 - Feb. 27, 2016 (Saturday mornings) on the UWO campus
A MUST for High School Students
A strong performance on the ACT can make the difference in gaining admittance to or receiving financial aid for your top college choices. Give yourself the edge you need to direct your own future by attending the UW Oshkosh ACT Test Prep Course!
The ACT exam contains four curriculum-based tests that measure academic achievement in the areas of English, reading, math and science reasoning. By enrolling in the UW Oshkosh ACT prep program, you will strengthen your academic skills and learn test-taking strategies that will prepare you for the ACT. This course will help you gain acceptance to the college of your choice and receive academic scholarships.
- Take an official, retired ACT test that will determine areas where help is needed most and customize the course curriculum based on students’ test results. Receive a detailed analysis of the test, showing strengths and weaknesses.
- Receive and use a textbook containing modules for test anxiety, time management, applying for college, basic skills review, test-taking strategies, exercises and quizzes.
- Learn powerful test-taking strategies for each test section and question type, frequently-tested concepts and question patterns, specific test structure and scoring methods for each of four academic areas: reading, math, English and science reasoning.
- Reinforce the strategies learned through interactive skill drills and multiple quizzes.
- Be introduced to the new essay component of the ACT test and learn basic skills necessary to complete that portion of the test (English section).
- Take a final, official retired ACT test and receive a detailed computer analysis for comparison with the pre-test.
- Be able to use the data from the final test to prepare for the actual ACT exam.
Winter 2016 ACT Test Prep Course Schedule (Saturday mornings)
|Jan. 23||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-Test|
|Jan. 30||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|Feb. 6||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|Feb. 13||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|Feb. 20||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|Feb. 27||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-Test|
Upcoming ACT Test Dates
2016: April 9 and June 11
Improve your ACT test score!
Through the UW Oshkosh ACT Prep Courses, students have improved their ACT Composite scores. The ACT Composite score is tallied on a scale up to 36 points.
- Spring 2015: The average class increase was 2.2 points.
- Fall 2014: The average class increase was 1.8 points.
$200 Winter 2016 Session
The fee includes the Cambridge ACT Victory textbook, official retired ACT pre- and post-tests, and analysis and instruction in the four content areas. Course materials are provided by Cambridge Educational Services.
Class size is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. You will only be guaranteed a seat when your registration form and payment are received. We urge you to register early.
Questions: Call Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement at (920) 424-1129 or toll-free at (800) 633-1442.
Registration Deadline: Your registration is requested 10 days prior to each program start date, or until the class has been filled, whichever comes first. After this date, please call Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement (920) 424-1129 or (800) 633-1442 to determine program availability.
Note: Fee payment must be received by the registration deadline.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 10 full business days or more before the start of a program will receive a full refund, minus a $35 processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 10 full business days before the program begins. UW Oshkosh reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment, as well as the right to limit enrollment due to excessive demand.
If you need special assistance and/or accommodations, please notify us by the registration deadline. All requests will be kept confidential.
UW Oshkosh is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.