Learn what to expect and prepare for the ACT!
ACT Test Prep Course • Join us this fall!
Saturday mornings (9 a.m. – Noon) Oct. 11 through Nov. 15
A strong performance on the ACT can make the difference in your ability to be admitted to your top college choices. Give yourself the edge you need by taking the UW Oshkosh ACT Test Prep course.
Our ACT Prep course is made for students who want a guided study experience. Classes meet each Saturday morning from Oct. 11 through Nov. 15.
The ACT examination contains four curriculum-based tests that measure academic achievement in the areas of English, reading, math and science reasoning. By enrolling in the UW Oshkosh ACT prep program, you will strengthen your academic skills and learn test-taking strategies that will prepare you for the ACT.
This program provides:
- A comprehensive ACT prep textbook
- Opportunity to take two official retired ACT tests
- Customized study plan based on strengths and weaknesses identified in the pre-test
- 12 hours of instruction in four content areas
- Writing strategies to assist you in the essay part of the ACT exam
- Test-taking strategies for each of the components and for the entire test
- Practice with printed materials where test-taking tips can be applied and reinforced
- Interactive skill drills in deficit areas as measured by the diagnostic test.
Fall Prep Course
|Oct. 11||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-test|
|Oct. 18||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|Oct. 25||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|Nov. 1||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|Nov. 8||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|Nov. 15||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-test|
Spring Prep Course
|Feb. 21||9 a.m. – Noon||Pre-test|
|Feb. 28||9 a.m. – Noon||Reading|
|March 7||9 a.m. – Noon||Math|
|March 14||9 a.m. – Noon||English|
|March 21||9 a.m. – Noon||Science|
|March 28||9 a.m. – Noon||Post-test
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Fall 2014: Oct. 11 – Nov. 15 (Saturday mornings) Registration coming soon
- Spring 2015: Feb. 21–March 28 (Saturday mornings) Registration coming soon
UW Oshkosh Campus
Fall or Spring Session: $200
All fees include Cambridge ACT Victory textbook, official retired ACT pre- and post-tests, and analysis and instruction in four content areas.
Call the Division of Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement at (920) 424-1129 or toll-free at (800) 633-1442.