Learn what to expect and prepare for the ACT!
ACT Test Prep Course • Join us this spring!
Saturday mornings (9 a.m. – Noon) Feb. 21 through March 28
A strong performance on the ACT can make the difference in your ability to be admitted to your top college choices. Give yourself the edge you need by taking the UW Oshkosh ACT Test Prep course.
Our ACT Prep course is made for students who want a guided study experience. Classes meet each Saturday for the spring and fall sessions.
The ACT examination contains four curriculum-based tests that measure academic achievement in the areas of English, reading, math and science reasoning. By enrolling in the UW Oshkosh ACT prep program, you will strengthen your academic skills and learn test-taking strategies that will prepare you for the ACT.
This program provides:
- A comprehensive ACT prep textbook
- Opportunity to take two official retired ACT tests
- Customized study plan based on strengths and weaknesses identified in the pre-test
- 12 hours of instruction in four content areas
- Writing strategies to assist you in the essay part of the ACT exam
- Test-taking strategies for each of the components and for the entire test
- Practice with printed materials where test-taking tips can be applied and reinforced
- Interactive skill drills in deficit areas as measured by the diagnostic test.
Every Saturday morning session, students will bring their name badge, text books (provided), pre-test score sheets, extra aper, and pencils. Additionally, students will need their calculator for the pre-test, post-test and math session.
Spring Prep Course
|Feb. 21||8:30 a.m. – Noon||Pre-test|
|Feb. 28||9 a.m. – Noon||Academic Area Instruction|
|March 7||9 a.m. – Noon||Academic Area Instruction|
|March 14||9 a.m. – Noon||Academic Area Instruction|
|March 21||9 a.m. – Noon||Academic Area Instruction|
|March 28||8:30 a.m. – Noon||Post-test
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Spring 2015: Feb. 21–March 28 (Saturday mornings) Register online.
UW Oshkosh Campus
Spring Session: $200
All fees include Cambridge ACT Victory textbook, official retired ACT pre- and post-tests, and analysis and instruction in four content areas.
Call the Division of Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement at (920) 424-1129 or toll-free at (800) 633-1442.