LIR WANTS YOU!
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
LIR has opportunities for you to serve on committees.
The Curriculum Committee welcomes and encourages committee members and all LIR members to participate with:
• Class ideas
• Tour possibilities
• Speaker/presenter suggestions
There are 3 meetings per semester, if needed: August, September and October for the Spring semester and February, March and April for the Fall program.
Meetings are held the last Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM at the First Presbyterian Church, Oshkosh. All members are welcome to stop in and participate in any meeting.
CONTACT: Paul Janty 426-0245
Duties of the Administration/Finance Committee include:
• Develop and monitor the annual budget
• Recommend dues
• Set membership goals
• Develop and maintain the Administrative Handbook
Admin/Finance Committee members are “behind the scenes” people who support the business side of LIR. Anyone interested in learning about our business, wanting to contribute to LIR by participating on a committee or growing to become a Committee Chair or Treasurer is welcome to join this committee.
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of September, November, January, March, and May.
CONTACT: Kathi Sawall 231-4153
The Membership/Promotion Committee is responsible for:
• Recruiting new members through a variety of activities
• Promoting LIR activities and programs
• Staffing promotional displays at area events
• Assisting with local arrangements for the Fall Luncheon and Annual Meeting
Meetings are held the first Thursday of September, November, January, March and May at Evergreen Retirement Community.
The M/P Committee would like to add 2-3 new members for the 2011/12 year. A COMMITTEE SECRETARY is also needed to record minutes of committee meetings.
CONTACT: Doug Jirovetz 231-0932 firstname.lastname@example.org
The position of LIR Treasurer is currently open. Eileen Leinweber has completed her allowable term as Treasurer, but has agreed to continue in the position until a replacement can be found and will work one on one with the new Treasurer through the first year to assist with the requirements of the job.
Functions of the LIR Treasurer:
• Requires computer skills and ability to utilize Microsoft Office Word, Power Point and Excel
• Works with UWO CE fiscal agents to maintain accurate and timely records of revenues and expenses
• Is a liaison to UWO Foundation relating to LIR Foundation accounts
• Prepares annual budget for committee review and approval
• Monitors monthly budget reports for accuracy and ensuring that expenditures are appropriate
• Serves as member of Administrative/Finance Committee
• Serves as member of the Steering Committee which meets 5 times a year
There is a Treasurer’s Handbook to assist a new treasurer with details of the job
CONTACT: Eileen Leinweber 589-3731 email@example.com
The LIR Peers assist the Membership/Promotion Committee whenever extra help is needed with staffing displays at area events, preparing LIR mailings or other tasks. Peers do not have to commit to attending committee meetings, but can volunteer for specific activities, as needed.
CONTACT: Doug Jirovetz 231-0932
The Publications Team is responsible for creating and publishing 2 newsletters and 2 course catalogues per year.
The Publications Team includes the Editor of the Newsletter and Course Catalogue, Reporters to write articles on specific topics for the newsletters or contribute regular feature columns and Creative Writers who contribute their poetry, short features, or other appropriate creative writing pieces.
The Publications Team is in need of an EDITOR to assume the position for the Spring 2012 Newsletter and Course Catalogue.
Reports and Creative Writers needed. If you love to write and are looking for a place to publish your work, the LIR Newsletter is the opportunity for you!
CONTACT: Mary Bayorgeon 739-4591; firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane Cryan 232-0920
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITIES TO ASSIST LIR, PLEASE CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE PERSON LISTED ABOVE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!