Focus, energize, network and connect with our array of breakout sessions!
The 2016 Symposium is still in the planning process!
Join our mailing list and check back soon for more information on the great lineup planned for 2016. We hope you'll join us Feb. 4–5, 2016!
2015 Symposium breakout topics included:
- How the heroin epidemic is affecting children, families, and communities
- The benefits of school gardens
- Ways to be proactive in preventing teen sexual abuse and tools to take back to your school and/or community
- The impact and physiology of sleep debt
- Explore the impact of technology on adolescent health behaviors and the physical dimensions of health
- Learn about PATCH—a program designed to give teens the engage in open, honest discussions about sexual health with their health care providers
- Preventing violence among youth through promoting empathy and building relationships
- Data trends, effect on kids brains, and developing effective policies on the use of E cigarettes and flavored tobacco products
- Learn the long term health effects of food and activity choices in adolescence
- How trauma can interfere with learning and understanding how to sort out difficult student behaviors that may be trauma related
- Mindfulness bases stress reduction techniques to increase calm and well-being to use yourself and teach your students