All Human Services Leadership Online degree courses are designed to emphasize the following skills, applicable to your real life and career:
- Fiscal and program planning
- Professional behavior
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Understanding human behavior
- Interpersonal communication including team development and conflict resolution
- Effective oral and written communication skills
After completing the program, graduates from the Human Services Leadership Online degree program will be able to:
- Identify roles, functions, history and future of human services within a well-rounded skills perspective.
- Describe human behavior and interaction from a cognitive, humanistic, behavioral, multicultural and environmental perspective.
- Demonstrate basic human service skills, including responsive listening, diverse communication using the creative arts and problem solving.
- Link classroom skills and knowledge to experiences in human services agencies.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with human services ethics and values.
- Develop a sense of self-worth with an appreciation for the diversity of others.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges. The Human Services Leadership program is offered through the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh College of Education and Human Services, which is also accredited by the Council for Standards in Human Services Education.