You are here: Home > Get My Degree > Admissions > Returning Students

Returning Students

Congratulations on deciding to come back to college to finish your degree or program of study! To begin attending classes again through the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, you will need to apply for re-admission. You may want to use the electronic application to do so. In the section that says "apply as" choose the "re-entry" blank.

Academic Amnesty

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh academic amnesty policy was created to allow students to appeal one or more semesters of poor grades. It is available to students who have stopped attending the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh for five years or more. You MUST apply for academic amnesty at the time you re-enter the University, as it is a one-time policy for transfer and re-entering students.

Most majors require a minimum grade point average (GPA) to graduate. Under the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh’s academic amnesty policy, you may be able to exclude some of your prior grades to help raise your grade point average.


You may have delayed returning to school because you had been suspended for poor academic performance when you attended the University. You may appeal your suspension and apply to be re-admitted to the University.

For more information on returning student policies and procedures, visit The Graduation Project web site.

Document Actions
Student in the Spotlight


John Gijsen

John Gijsen

Lean Facilitator at ThedaCare

“My adviser did more for me than any other adviser at any other college.”

Click here to read more student stories...