Omega Kappa Honor Society
Omega Kappa, which is the Alpha Sigma Lambda chapter at UW Oshkosh, is the first adult nontraditional student honor society at UW Oshkosh.
To be a member of the society, students must:
- Be undergraduate students seeking their first bachelor's degree
- Enrolled in at least six credits
- Have at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA
- Have taken at least 12 liberal studies credits
- Have taken at least 24 credits at UW Oshkosh.
Alpha Sigma Lambda is a national honor society that recognizes adult students. The UW Oshkosh Omega Kappa chapter is the third to be granted in Wisconsin, and there are more than 300 chapters in the United States. Approximately 23 percent of UW Oshkosh students are nontraditional.
Each fall, eligible students are invited to join Alpha Sigma Lambda, Omega Kappa. The induction ceremony takes place on Friday evening, during Nontraditional Student Week, in early November.
If you would like to know more about this honor society, please contact Wendy VanAhn at firstname.lastname@example.org