Requesting Items (UW Request)
Use the UW Request option to borrow items that are unavailable at Polk Library. Don't forget to check My Account after making a request to track its status.
Please see our video tutorial on requesting materials from UW System Libraries or follow the instructions below:
Locating your Item
- You will need to sign in to Search@UW to initiate a request. For the best search experience, please sign in before starting your search.
- After you've found an item in Search@UW you wish to borrow, click the "Get It" tab.
- If Polk Library has an available copy, choose Local Request. If our copy is unavailable, choose UW Request.
- You will be brought to a request screen with relevant information already filled in. If there is something specific about the item you're requesting, such as a particular volume, please fill in that section on the form. You may also enter a comment about your request.
- If you need the item by a particular date, change the "Last interest date" to reflect this, then click the orange "Request" button.
- A notification should appear stating that the request has been submitted. If there are no available copies of the item in the UW System, you will receive an email immediately that will contain a link you can use to request the item using Interlibrary Loan, instead.
- Contact us for help if you have questions about your request - email email@example.com or call 920-424-7316.
- Click My Account from the toolbar at the top of screen to view your request.