STEP Web Content Specialist
Hiring Complete for Fall 2011
Polk Library’s Web Content Specialist helps to build and test content for our new library website, currently under development. The position reports to the Head of Library Technology Services and pays $7.50/hr for 8-10 hours/week.
- Write and edit new content for the website.
- Migrate content from the existing website.
- Create short screencast videos for the website to demonstrate how to use key services.
- Conduct patron interviews and testing to measure website effectiveness.
- Assist with student outreach regarding library services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lots of experience with MS Word or other word processing or content management software.
- General computer skills – no programming required.
- Excellent English spelling and grammar.
- Clear speaking voice for narrating videos.
- Friendly attitude, willing to approach students and other patrons for testing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Apply Now for Fall 2011
One Web Content Specialist will be hired in September 2011. To apply, please submit an email to Mary Schneider (email@example.com), Library Office Manager, stating that you are applying for the Web Content Specialist position and specifying your:
- Contact information
- Previous work experience
- Previous technology experience
- Expected graduation date