Preparing for a Professional Test
Getting ready for a test like the GRE, GMAT or LSAT? Try some of the tips below to help you find study materials.
- Strategy #1: Search the Polk Library Catalog
- Do a keyword search in the Polk Library catalog for the title of the test (lsat, mcat, etc.).
- Hint: for the GRE test, instead do an advanced search for gre and study.
- Strategy #2: Books on Reserve at the Library
- There are test preparation books for the Praxis/PPST on reserve at the Polk Library circulation desk
- Ask for these books at the Circulation Desk. These books may be checked out for 3 days with a valid TitanCard.
- Strategy #3: Search the Oshkosh Public Library catalog
For the best results, do a SUBJECT search for the following:
- GRE - search for: Graduate Record Examination
- GMAT - search for: Graduate Management Admission Test
- LSAT - search for: Law School Admission Test
- MCAT - search for: Medical Colleges Entrance Examinations
- PPST - search for: Teaching Examinations
- TOEFL - search for: Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Strategy #4: Sample Questions & Practice Tests
- Strategy #5: On Campus Resources
- The Education Department offers PPST workshops in the Reading Study Center (N/E 201) each semester and during interim periods free of charge. A workshop schedule can be picked up at the main desk in Testing Services (Polk Basement).
- The Reading Study Center also has PPST/PRAXIS practice tests and self-help materials. Call the Reading Study Center at 424-1031 to set up an appointment or obtain more information.