Placing Materials on Reserve
UW Oshkosh Polk Library provides course related services to support teaching and learning activities at the University.
Faculty may submit requests at any time throughout the semester. Faculty are encouraged to submit items at least one (1) week before the intended use during the semester. Please allow extra time for processing at the start of the semester. All items are processed in order of their receipt.
Books, videos and sound recordings can be placed on physical reserve. Items on reserve are shelved at the Circulation/Reserve Desk and check out for time periods ranging from 2 hours to 7 days depending on the request of the instructor. Students must come to the Circulation/Reserve Desk and request reserve items by call number.
Polk Library owned materials
- To place Polk Library owned materials on reserve, go to the Polk Library Catalog to locate call number and title. Fill out, print and sign a Reserve Materials Form. For the most rapid Reserve service, retrieve the items from the shelves and bring them to the Circulation/Reserve desk.
- The request may also be submitted electronically. To submit a reserve request electronically, use the Reserve Form for Library-Owned Materials. Polk reserve staff will retrieve the items that you have requested and place them on reserve.
Instructor owned materials
- Instructors may place material from their personal collection on reserve. Fill out and print the Reserve Materials Form.
- Items may be brought to the Circulation/Reserve Desk or sent through campus mail. Remember to include the Reserve Material form
- Digital copies of articles, book chapters, syllabi and other materials should be posted to your D2L course or otherwise distributed to your students.
Students: Information about accessing reserve materials can be found here.