Customizing Output Styles
Polk Library provides a default list of output styles from which to choose when creating bibliographies or in-text citations. As a user of RefWorks, however, you can customize this list to better fit your research needs, so that the styles you use most appear as the top options. Please read on to learn more.
1. Log in to your RefWorks account.
2. Once logged in, navigate to the "Bibliography" menu near the top, and select "Output Style Manager" from the dropdown menu which will appear:
3. On the next screen, you'll be presented with a list of output styles from which you may choose on the left, and a list of default favorites on the right. To add an output style to your list of favorites, scroll to the style you wish to add from the list of output styles on the left (highlighted in red):
4. Now select the right-facing arrow (highlighted in orange) to add it to your favorites on the right side of the screen. Once added, it should appear in your list of favorites:
5. If you wish to remove an output style from your favorites list, select an output style from your favorites list, and click the left-facing arrow (highlighted in orange). Note you may also remove all output styles from the favorites list by clicking the "Remove All" button located underneath your favorites list (highlighted in blue):
6. Your output additions and/or subtractions are automatically saved. Simply click the "X" in the upper right of the box (highlighted in red) to close the window and continue working within RefWorks.