Library Instruction Request
If you're a UW Oshkosh faculty member and wish to schedule a library instruction session for a class, please fill out the online request form and submit it to us. The Library Instruction Coordinator, Marisa Finkey will contact you either by phone or email.
- Please use a single form when scheduling multiple sections of the same class for the same day .
- An instruction class usually lasts between 60-90 minutes, depending on the length of your class.
- General library sessions consist of instruction on how to perform basic research. This may include an overview of research definitions, techniques, and principles, demonstrations and hands-on activities using our electronic databases and/or catalog, and instruction on using specific library services such as Universal Borrowing and Interlibrary Loan.
- We encourage all WBIS and Communication 111 instructors to bring their classes in for the general instruction sessions.
- The library instruction program can also provide general introductory sessions on effectively using the Internet and evaluating websites.