Best Places to Start
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- This is the portal to the USPTO, which offers a database of patents issued throughout our nation's history and includes schematics for many of them. There is also a searchable database for trademarks located at this site.
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information (OSTI)
- This is the web portal of the OSTI, which is the official clearinghouse of the United States government for scientific and technical information.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- This is the web site of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, providing access to information about United States space exploration efforts, astronomical observations, and scientific educational outreach activities.