Best Places to Start
- United States Treasury
- The United States Treasury is the executive agency that oversees the finances of the U.S. Government.
- Internal Revenue Service
- This is the web site that provides information about the federal tax system, including access to tax forms (online and pdf), tax filing information and statistics of income.
- Wisconsin State Treasurer
- The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is the executive agency of the Wisconsin government that handles finances and oversees the collection of state taxes from Wisconsin citizens.
- Federal, State and local governments—Census of governments
- This site created by the United States Census Bureau provides access to the 2012 Census of Governments, government employment and payrolls, government finance statistics, lists & structure of government, tax statistics, pension systems and more.