Best Places to Start
- United States Geological Service (USGS)
- The USGS is the agency that is responsible for creating geographical and geological maps and publications for the continental United States and surrounding waters.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Service (NOAA)
- This is the web portal for the NOAA, the agency responsible for tracking the weather, monitoring coastal waters and fisheries, and applying scientific techniques and research methods towards these ends.
- National Weather Service
- This sub agency of the NOAA is responsible for weather forecasting and monitoring for the United States and its coastal waters.